IWLTS in 2020...

Lily
Picker-Lily

IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Lily »

should we have a new thread?

There. I said it.

(Yes, the extra dot was getting to me too ;)
Last edited by Lily on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Loralei

Re: IWLTS in 2020....

Post by Loralei »

IWLTS if you keep putting 2020 in thread titles Fée is going to come and get you :goat:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

ALSO an ellipsis should have three dots :bite:.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

IWLTS I don't care. :perky:

IWALTS How did you spin this out into 27 minutes? Talking about fabric protectant for 12 of them, that's how.

nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:11 pm ALSO an ellipsis should have three dots :bite:.
:bite:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

IWLTS ............................................................................................

You do not deserve an OBE and if there is any way to get it taken off you we will find it.

nineseven

Post by nineseven »

IWLTS: In your face, flaky client. My insurers have just agreed to pay me the balance of her unpaid invoice as the sum was relatively modest :lol: (a fair bit for me though). Now I never have to speak to her again.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

IWLTS what is the point of having an appointment time if it is a guideline only?

I am waiting to speak to my GP (the surgery operates a telephone system, and the GP calls you). I booked the only one left, which was 7.03 am :cry:.

I didn't want to answer half asleep, so set the alarm and got up at sparrowfart this morning. I haven't dared have a shower, and have carried my phone about all morning, but no call yet. The website says that the things are guidelines, which is fair enough; but why not just say you have a morning appointment? The surgery doesn't even open until 8.00, and I think the first appointment is 8.30, so there is probably no chance of a 7.03 call anyway.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

nineseven wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:37 pm IWLTS: In your face, flaky client. My insurers have just agreed to pay me the balance of her unpaid invoice as the sum was relatively modest :lol: (a fair bit for me though). Now I never have to speak to her again.
Good. How did you get hold of her insurers - was it through small claims?

nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Lily wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:42 pm
nineseven wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:37 pm IWLTS: In your face, flaky client. My insurers have just agreed to pay me the balance of her unpaid invoice as the sum was relatively modest :lol: (a fair bit for me though). Now I never have to speak to her again.
My insurers!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well done nine!

IWLTS: please answer the bloody question without repeatedly telling me it’s too expensive - it’s my money!

To my (lovely) sewing teacher. I want to buy some needlecord for a quilt and because I can never do anything in a straightforward way, I’m going to end up buying loads. She keeps going on and on about how expensive it is, and how they’ve got it in fabric land (in the wrong colour) for half the price :blah: and if I did it a different way it would be cheaper.

This is my hobby and if I want to chuck £50 at something frivolous when I could do a different thing for £20, then that is really up to me! I’m not trying to save money, I’m trying to make something that I like. I’m going to buy the more expensive one anyway and just hope I’ve got the right quantity.

RANT.

(ETA: I have actually said this in a less rude way, but I’m talking to a brick wall hence ranting here as well.)
Last edited by Squirrel on Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indigo

Post by indigo »

IWLTS: How can you have been in your job for over 10 years and still not know how to do basic aspects of it? And I would further LTS: How come this isn't ever dealt with? I'm fucking sick to fucking death of it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

nineseven wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:57 pm
Lily wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:42 pm
My insurers!
Oh! I see. I didn't know insurers would do things like that. Useful.

nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I'm insured against non-payers (as well as other things).
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I totally get it, Squiz. There is someone at my knitting group who is always telling me that the local yarn shop has 'wool' in the same colour as I am using for £3 a ball or something. Yes, but it's acrylic and I am using merino - there is a difference :verm:. As you say, I am not doing it to save money - it is something I enjoy doing, and I want the end result to be an item I enjoy wearing and looks good. I could go to Primark and buy a ready made one for a lot less if that was the driving factor.

My GP has finally called, and I now have to go into the surgery for tests. Which was bloody obvious from the symptoms that I had to type into the box on the website. I have wasted all morning, and now the afternoon is going to be used up too - I really hate this system. Luckily I'm not at work today, or I would have lost a full day. I don't know how people who don't get paid sick leave manage, really. A 10 minute appointment with a nurse to take blood and blood pressure etc would cost them a day's pay.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

IWLTS fuck off with the New Year bollix as it is now the 9th and I can't be arsed to tell you how my break was as its fuck all to do with you, I have no interest in yours and no I was not ready to come back to work after the break because it is total crap!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol: People really do have to stop saying Happy New Year after about the 4th.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I declared I wouldn’t be saying it after my first day back. Cannot be arsed with the whole palaver of saying all the expected phrases.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Absolutely.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

It just gets tedious and I am not interested in sharing so always fob them off with a "fine", then they proceed to give me a day by day fucking account of their wonderful/abysmal crimble break. As a Union rep I do have a capacity to listen and empathise but this sort of thing grips my shit and I cant be bothered with it