Post by Lily »

Oof Margo - how did he react?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Ismee

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Ismee »

Iwlts Stop ringing me!

I texted the window cleaner this morning to say that I was cancelling him for the forseeable as we are cutting back om our spending and he has rang me twice. What does he want??
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

To change your mind, probably. I hope he stops soon.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Yes, probably. I won't be answering.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Mortified is exactly the right word! But I didn’t know beforehand, I just thought he was an annoying thoughtless git!

I was terribly polite about it (amazingly, given how wound up I was) and he just looked up and said, oh, ok, sorry... I then went into a meeting and when I came back he’d gone.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

How were you supposed to know, though?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Christ Ismee, I would block him. That's completely unnecessary!

Margo, Tourette's can take all manner of forms; I don't blame you for not knowing, either. I guess he could have explained when you asked him to cut it out, but it might have been difficult for him. I have a friend with it - tics and sneezes, and if you don't know you would look at him oddly.

ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

You couldn't have known, plenty of people do that sort of thing without having a disorder. Plus, I don't think it's fair on other workers to have to put up with constant noise, whether the person can help it or not.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

We get monthly calls from someone trying to sell us advertising in their niche magazine. It's expensive, we don't want or need to pay for advertising, and have told him repeatedly we don't want to (it's totally appropriate for our business though - no problem there). He sends us free copies of the magazine almost every month, and then calls. We just don't answer now.
rosy

Post by rosy »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 pm Are you OK, Rosy?
I am. My ex owes me £85,400 in unpaid child support, which I never expected to see and I know he can't afford to pay me. He got engaged on Tuesday and he seems to be feeling guilty about it (according to the kids), and he rang me yesterday to offer to pay my airline ticket for when our eldest gets married in NJ in October. :mrgreen:

He might be wanting to offer you a discount rate if you keep him on, Is. But if you've made the right decision then stick to it.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
smalex

Post by smalex »

£85k! Dear god in heaven.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I lost my house because of it. But it's water under the bridge mostly now.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Doesn't he have to make payments to you?

I'm glad he's paying for your airline ticket. How about a hotel suite too!
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

That's awful, rosy! :faint:

IWLTS: I already saw your many Facebook posts and got your mass email, and no, I don't want to help Crowdfund your latest artistic project.

To my sister's eccentric friend, who has now sent me a direct message on Facebook asking how I am and whether I want to contribute. :no:

IWALTS: Oh my God, it's bad enough that your brother dressed up in a horrendously offensive Halloween costume (complete with blackface) as a child 10 years ago, but why did you think it was a good idea to include it in a "Happy 18th birthday!" post on his page?! And then repost it a year later!
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Maybe he was supposed to be a spider? :look:

IWLTS HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you little shit. (Some scrote broke into our theatre last night, and made a real mess, nicking off with two - empty - collection boxes. The police caught him within 2 hours and he's in custody. I hope he really hurt himself getting over the barbed wire.)

wendy james

Post by wendy james »

IWLTS No photos of your day out with your granddaughters again, eh? That’s still reserved for grandsons only. :ella:
rosy

Post by rosy »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:41 pm Doesn't he have to make payments to you?

I'm glad he's paying for your airline ticket. How about a hotel suite too!
If he made payments they'd just get deducted from my benefits now that I'm a dole scrounger, so I'd rather he saved the money for the kids (and my airline ticket). He's just set up a family WhatsApp group for the wedding, so I'll try to drop the possibility of the hotel bill in there... :lol:

Ha, Lily! I hope those barbed wire scratches on the thieving toerag really sting.

Wendy, that's sad for your lovely girls.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Lily wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:15 pm Maybe he was supposed to be a spider? :look:
:no:

I'm glad he didn't get away with it, Lily!

That's sad, Wendy.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I know, me too! The police have been brilliant; we are very impressed.

That's awful, Wendy. Why is that? I mean, not that there's any legitimate excuse for it - but it's so strange.

Rosy, I would be VERY BLATANT and just say "That hotel's a bit out of my league but I have found a nice AirB&B not far away" and put in a photo of a cardboard box.

wendy james

Post by wendy james »

No idea, Lily. They only went for lunch and to the cinema, I believe, but I often see FB posts of her grandsons and their lunches when she’s with “her boys”.

Actually, I tell a lie. I checked her feed and she did post a picture of them in December 2018.