IWLTS in 2020...

smalex

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by smalex »

IWLTS : I'm really sorry but I heavily suspect he's seeing someone else /had his head turned by someone else.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

IWLTS why are you proposing we invite a non-binary person to speak on International Women’s Day? Surely we should invite... a woman?
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

God, Ella :verm:

I got an invitation to this year’s corporate IWD breakfast, but (sod’s law) I’m out of the office. Then it turned out they had to cancel the invitations because our company had forgotten to pay for the tables. Honestly, I know it’s not the same thing, but this company is absolutely obsessed with fund-raising for CALM (there’s something pretty much weekly), but this gets overlooked. 🙄
indigo

Post by indigo »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:25 pm IWLTS why are you proposing we invite a non-binary person to speak on International Women’s Day? Surely we should invite... a woman?
:bomb: :banghead: :bomb: :banghead:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

smalex wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:53 am IWLTS : I'm really sorry but I heavily suspect he's seeing someone else /had his head turned by someone else.
:beak:

I know you’re not talking about Love Island :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

No, alas not.
My friend at school is going through the wringer with her husband. Theyve got a lot on their plate but basically it sounds like hes disinterested in saving it and/or trying to force her hand to end it. I've just got this feeling there'll be someone else (I cant think of any man I know IRL who ends or tries to instigate a split in a long term relationship without there turning out to be someone else in the background)
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

smalex wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:06 pm No, alas not.
My friend at school is going through the wringer with her husband. Theyve got a lot on their plate but basically it sounds like hes disinterested in saving it and/or trying to force her hand to end it. I've just got this feeling there'll be someone else (I cant think of any man I know IRL who ends or tries to instigate a split in a long term relationship without there turning out to be someone else in the background)
Men NEVER leave unless there's someone else to go to.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Women do it as well.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Of course they do, but they sometimes (more often in my personal experience) leave for other reasons (dissatisfaction with the relationship usually). I honestly can't think of a single guy I know of to walk from a long term relationship without there being another woman on the scene.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

They do exist, you're talking to one for starters. They are out there, and it does happen, aside from just me.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well I'm sure there are, I just see it as quite a repeating pattern among friends of mine. In this particular case, my suspicions are raised because he seems so aggressively disinterested in trying to save things. Argumentative, contrary, belittling of her feelings and concerns. I might be wrong of course, I hope I am.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't suggesting anything with regard to your friends, more the generalisation that is prevalent here I guess.

Hopefully your pals will sort it out, and as you say, hopefully he isn't going the way you think he may.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Kleio wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:35 pm What’s happened Little My?
It's a long story, but the short answer is that our cat was put under GA for no reason.
Last edited by Little My on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

IWLTS: I really don't want to go tonight. It may very well be a good chance to catch up with 'the girls' but since I don't really care about any of the girls that much it isn't much of an incentive. :ella:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

You're right TC, and I am generalizing of course, but I'm talking about those who instigate the split. I know of quite a few woman who did that, and have remained happily single, any man I know who was the "leaver" did so because they had someone else, although they may habd been unhappy anyway.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Skips

Post by Skips »

Mine is similarish to Shoe. IWLTS: I really can't be bothered to go out tonight. I know it's only to see a film but I'm tired and would have to drive us there and back.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Topcat wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:27 pm They do exist, you're talking to one for starters. They are out there, and it does happen, aside from just me.
You're right, they are out there. My husband left his ex without another in the wings, it's one of the things I really liked about him because I never knew a man before who did that. :))
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:48 am
Topcat wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:27 pm They do exist, you're talking to one for starters. They are out there, and it does happen, aside from just me.
You're right, they are out there. My husband left his ex without another in the wings, it's one of the things I really liked about him because I never knew a man before who did that. :))
I have been nodding along with sally but I’ve just remembered that C is the same : lol : And like you, it really stood out to me about him/his character when I met him because it was so far outside my experience.

However, in his case the whole thing kicked off when the ex came home early and overheard him on the phone telling someone how unhappy he was, so he doesn’t get FULL credit, if we’re handing out marks for things women do without fanfare. :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Is there a reason why you're taking pictures of baby clothes for sale on your hob?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

It’s not as if the lighting is especially good there!