IWLTS in 2020...

Zoomer

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Zoomer »

I hope you're ok, digs.

IWLTS: Riiiiiigggghhhhtttt. Pics or it didn't happen.

I've rented an apartment through booking.com. It's a private apartment, rather than a commercial let.

It was only after i booked it that I realised it was the same apartment I'd tried to rent a couple of years ago, only for the guy to cancel my booking a few days before, without reason or excuse.

Anyway, he didn't cancel it this time. I arrived at 6pm and phoned him for the entry code fir the door as instructed. He didn't answer and continued not to answer for a whole hour while i was sitting outside in the cold like a chump.

Eventually, i went to see the concierge for the residence, who told me he wasn't surprised and that yer man has form. He said, "why don't you try 0000?" at which we both laughed, but actually that worked and i gained entry to the appart.

At 7.30, i got a message from yer man, to say he had to take his mother to hospital. Now, call me a massive bitch, but I'm a bit.... :uhh: :woteva:

I was all set to rip him a new one in my review anol. But i don't feel i can now, just in case the sick mother story is legit. Shite. :lol:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I bet it's a lie, but yes, for that 1% chance...

IWLTS: Ummm, OK then.

I accepted my uncle as a friend on FB a few weeks ago, and have exchanged a few niceties (haven't seen him or had any direct contact for well over ten years). He commented on my photo of a lovely meringue, saying he didn't think it looked very nice to eat. I mean, fine, I'm sure not everyone likes them or likes my photo, but just shut up then! :lol:
Last edited by ParisGal on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I bet it’s bullshit.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Total bullshit. As is the landlady here returning to the very uk the day after our initial short let contract’s up meaning we can’t extend. I think she just got fed up / uptight after the washing machine stopped working (she said she’d replace it immediately which made me think it was on its last legs) and then I asked if there was a key to the mailbox so I could retrieve our mail. I don’t think I’ve been unreasonable or demanding :shrug:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I would like to say BLOW!

To my sniffy/snotty colleague. I have already given her tissues and she’s quite unwell a lot of the time so I can’t do more. :British:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I feel your pain Pip except my colleague isn’t under the weather, it’s habitual sniffing. So rage inducing but I put headphones on to listen to music the second he sets his laptop down.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

IWLTS You stupid fucking idiot.

To the woman who crossed the road without checking that her 3 yr old daughter on a scooter was actually with her.

I got to a crossing near home to see a little girl on a scooter on my side and a woman. The cars had actually stopped to let someone over and just started moving when the little girl decided to scoot on to the crossing and cross the road. The woman screamed, I screamed, the car slammed it's brakes on. The little girl continued oblivious to how near she came to being killed.

I first thought the girl was with the woman on our side, but no, the fucking mother was already right across the road and down a bit with another slightly older kid on a scooter, and she never once looked behind her to check where her fucking tiny child was! She had no idea how close her kid came to being run over. I feel an arsehole because I never ran after her to point it out, but I felt a bit intimidated and was sort of in shock.

WTAF is it with parents who cross the road and don't ensure their kids are in front of them/with them as they cross?
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Jesus (at her).
Glint

Post by Glint »

That’s a very lucky family.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:eek: Did she not even look around with the screaming?
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

ParisGal wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm :eek: Did she not even look around with the screaming?
She didn't look around once. She was actually just too far away to even fucking hear us really.

I've seen parents do this lots of times, ditto, getting off trains/buses/tubes

I once had to catch this little boy who fell getting off the bus as his mother strode onwards. What is that about? I don't want to parent shame, except I do!
Malan
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That post has made me feel a bit cold.

Parents are people, and some of them need shaming the same way we all need shaming about something or another at some point. (I hate that "shaming" is a thing and anything anyone says can be dismissed as "shaming" when actually a lot of the time it's pointing out commonsense).

IWLTS I know you're having a hard time, but I am not going to "manage" you indefinitely.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That must have left you quite shaken, Marth. I am definitely guilty of striding on and letting my (older) children follow or we'd never get anywhere, but not across roads, FFS. I have a bit of a thing at the idea of one of them getting left behind in a lift or on a train.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That sounds really scary, Marth.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Loralei wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:51 am That must have left you quite shaken, Marth. I am definitely guilty of striding on and letting my (older) children follow or we'd never get anywhere, but not across roads, FFS. I have a bit of a thing at the idea of one of them getting left behind in a lift or on a train.
This happened when we were on the tube last week. From what I could tell, a mother and son got on the tube too quick and the daughter couldn't get on fast enough. They were shouting through the glass at the daughter to go to the next station to meet them when someone got the door open to let her on. She was incredibly shaken but what was so weird was that the daughter and son were at least 16 ish and the daughter also had a phone. I can only assume there was some hidden trauma as context there.
Estrella

Re: IWLTS in 2020....

Post by Estrella »

Lily wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:18 pm Has anyone responded to that, Est?
Interestingly he updated to say he’s been told that questions of this nature should be directed via his manager but that he would share the response. And he’s now on leave...
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s truly horrific, Marth!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: IWLTS in 2020....

Post by Lily »

Estrella wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:52 am
Lily wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:18 pm Has anyone responded to that, Est?
Interestingly he updated to say he’s been told that questions of this nature should be directed via his manager but that he would share the response. And he’s now on leave...
The plot thickens!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

IWLTS Oh WHAT a surprise! After telling me that activities mysteriously "stopped" on our project at the end of last year (as if it wasn't your responsibility to ensure they kept going) and having received a list of your overdue tasks, you send an email informing us now is the time for you to take extended sick leave. What a complete coincidence.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Loralei wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:02 pm IWLTS Oh WHAT a surprise! After telling me that activities mysteriously "stopped" on our project at the end of last year (as if it wasn't your responsibility to ensure they kept going) and having received a list of your overdue tasks, you send an email informing us now is the time for you to take extended sick leave. What a complete coincidence.
NO! FFS!