IWLTS in 2020...

Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Leap »

I agree I don’t think you can feel bad about any of this, Lils. I once gave a homeless man a tenner because I’d won it in the pub I’d just come out of, so it didn’t feel like my money and he was out in the freezing cold sitting by a bin. My nasty friend I was with thought it was hilarious, what a waste, blah blah, then gleefully told me the next day he saw him buying booze with it in the next pub he went into after we went out separate ways. Even though he (homeless man) did a big enthusiastic thank you and story about needing a hostel, I didn’t hear that part first and anyway the money wasn’t dependent on any of that. He was still cold by a bin.

You are much kinder than me (I have never done anything like that before or since, I’m not being all worthy it was genuinely just because the money wasn’t mine) so you should give yourself a very big break. It’s just as hard for him to know who the true kind souls are, so he may have found or chosen to have to grift or spin a story often because it might be the only way to get ‘results’. It shouldn’t change you or your intentions.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Giving people help or money is more about the kind of person you want to be than the kind of person they are. And people shouldn't have to prove themselves 'deserving' to receive help.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thank you chaps. Your posts have helped a lot. I am channelling my grandparents who would have been disappointed but philosophical according to my mum and I'm feeling that way too now. It also helps that others have done similar stuff as I really did feel a knobber, even if it were a kind one. I have edited my C word out as that's really uncalled for.

Lora, I may stick to volunteering with animals :lol: they've yet to let me down! Although the gerbils did just call me a dick, but that was kind of me being a ventriloquist so it doesn't count.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Gerbils are known for being harsh critics, to be fair.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Should've got hamsters!

Skips

Post by Skips »

IWLTS: please can you tell me what is going on as I'm incredibly nosy.

One of my American Facebook friends has posted that they are still receiving registry gifts for Her Son and Fiance but they will be sent back ASAP and to respect their privacy. My light stalking is telling me nothing other than it looks like a ceremony went ahead yesterday, although the main church wedding wasn't (isn't?) Meant to be until April.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Oh dear, that doesn't sound very good. :(

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That sounds sad.

Iwlts: stop wishing people a happy new year! It's still new year's Eve for several hours (these are all UK people). :verm:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My FB is full of HNY messages already.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I genuinely hope everyone is ok, the pictures from the ceremony yesterday looked lovely and they always seemed like a really nice couple.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I mean, I know everyone wants to see the back of 2020 bit it's just not accurate!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Kenickie wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:29 pm That sounds sad.

Iwlts: stop wishing people a happy new year! It's still new year's Eve for several hours (these are all UK people). :verm:
:look: Soz!
rosy

Post by rosy »

We all just want to go to bed early and see the back of 2020!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

There’s no point me going to bed early, as I will be disturbed by a shit ton of fireworks at midnight anyway. Everyone and his dog* lets them off in their gardens around here and as I’m on the top of the hill I can see/hear them all.

*not actual dog, as they’re probably all cowering in the understairs cupboard or huddled whimpering under a duvet somewhere.
Skips

Post by Skips »

IWLTS it sounds like you're having a party with loads of people, am I going to have to call the police? To my neighbours. I don't want to, but also I'd like to sleep after midnight.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My neighbours are also having a loud party. It doesn’t sound as though there are dozens of them though, it could easily be four adults that all live together and are loud knobbers.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Cerise wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:32 am
Kenickie wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:29 pm That sounds sad.

:look: Soz!
It wasn't you! Doing an early photo with your kids makes more sense than a childfree person just doing a happy new year post on the early afternoon!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Skips wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:42 am IWLTS it sounds like you're having a party with loads of people, am I going to have to call the police? To my neighbours. I don't want to, but also I'd like to sleep after midnight.
Did you?

Fireworks woke me up too. I was in bed by 2230 but still!

Skips

Post by Skips »

No, j went round there and it seems it was just the people in the house share being really noisy. They didn't go to bed till gone 4am, so we are both wanting to kill them.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

What did they say when you went round Skips?