IWLTS in 2020...

Zoomer

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Zoomer »

Comment that not everyone lives with Mummy and Daddy. The spoilt entitled fuck.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, FFS. People like that are idiots. And how can she say that your Phd is easier than hers? Has she studied for yours? That sort of one-upmanship has always annoyed me. Most of us stay broadly within our own subject area, so are supremely unqualified to comment on how difficult or otherwise someone else's subject might be. Ignore her. Or punch her in the throat.

I am far from at peace with the world and humankind today, though, so you may prefer to ignore me.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I agree, Morgs :))

I think I probably just say everything is fine too much, so people get the impression I'm having an easy time of it. I'm not, I just don't see the point in winding myself up about it all (most of the time).
indigo

Post by indigo »

That's so fucking insulting of her, smun.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Ugh I hate her.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

If you weren't in lockdown I'd advise setting Shoe on her. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m pretty sure cutting is an essential journey.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

:)) I hate her too. She is not a friend and deserves a good cutting. Don't ever talk to her again. :wave:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Maybe cutting is an essential service :))

I have to talk to her, I work with her. I do tend to avoid her for long periods of time though because she's hard work.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

IWLTS You are an utter ****.

To a homeless guy I helped who turns out to have been a complete charlatan. I know I'm a knob, I know I was naive, but I really really hate him right now and I want to drive down the road and kick him.
Last edited by Lily on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

FFS. It's so disheartening when you try to do something nice and it turns out like that.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

How do you know, Lily?
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I used to have a really fractious relationship with a work acquaintance who had similar circumstances, Smund. Regardless of the sensitivity of any topic she would hoot her opinions out at full blast, and I always thought it was because she had spent her whole forty years on earth always having a willing audience at home who told her she was marvellous.

This is something else, though. And can’t even poison her tea at tea break either now :verm:
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

What did he do? I hope you're safe.

Smun, remind her your kids deserve to see their father. She doesn't have to know he's a bit of a nob. At the end of the day the boys have every right to spend time with their dad and who is she to insist they can't?
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm genuinely amazed by the number of people who think parental rights should be denied.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Don't let it get to you, Lils. Some people are charlatans, but that is no reason not to help, as for every charlatan there will be at least one person who really needed your help. It doesn't make you naive - it makes you a decent person.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

smalex wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:48 pm I'm genuinely amazed by the number of people who think parental rights should be denied.
Yes, my right to not always be the parent on call :))

Seriously though, I agree.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Anyone caring about people in the way you do is bound to come across to odd, rare bad apple, Lily. Just chalk it up as the anomaly it is and keep on caring.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Loralei wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:45 pm How do you know, Lily?
I'm so ashamed to say it but a week or so ago I took him into my car when he was in the middle of a hailstorm trying to protect himself with his blankets. We talked & I took him to a halfway house (or something) and gave him £20 I don't have FFS to get him in there. We speak every time I see him and he was saying the YMCA won't take people in without COVID tests and that the gvt gave people accommodation in the first lockdown but some people turned these place into drug dens and ruined it for everyone. I am stupid, I know. I know. I nearly gave him a tenner today, he's out in the freezing cold, but I don't have a sodding tenner and I thought I'd go home and give him some blankets & a hot water bottle instead. I thought I would check with the YMCA if they were able to take people in at the moment. They told me they know him and he's been evicted from there for drugs and he's been offered accommodation and he won't take it. The YMCA bloke obviously thought I was a bit of a tool, to boot, and I got upset on the phone which was embarrassing. I know I've nobody to blame but myself but I believed him and I have been so worried about him and I feel such a complete dick.

Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

You aren’t a dick, Lily - he is. And the YMCA guy probably doesn’t think you are either but if he does then he might not be in the right job.