IWLTS in 2020...

Kleio

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Kleio »

We just can’t work it out! She is on the edge of our friendship group and she only pops up when she needs something.

Back in March she asked us to keep Halloween free and all of us had been invited to another friends wedding (that she knew about) so clearly weren’t free. She said it was a secret and they’ve only just announced the engagement now!

I haven’t spoken to her since the end of March as I called her out over something else so I can’t ask her. We might pull straws :lol:
Skips

Post by Skips »

IWLTS: I quit, fuck off all of you.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I hope you are ok, Skips.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Skips

Post by Skips »

My company outsourced the Finance functions overseas and they undermine everything I do and make me feel completely worthless. I put in a formal complaint before I went on holiday about how a team member spoke to me and it seems they can get away with being rude arseholes. If the job market wasn't as terrible as it is I would quit, but I know that I have to have something else to move to or we could lose Universal Credit.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

You love the sound of your own voice don't you? If there is 2 minutes left at the end for questions, and you have already proclaimed yourself the most experienced on the subject we're getting a demo of, how about leaving that time for others to ask questions? Instead this woman jumped in before anyone could speak and suggested that we go through a particular item that she already knows how to do but thinks would be useful for others :ella: And now we're out of time.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

IWLT screammmmmmmm

The agents (both) and the Solicitor are sending me paperwork with "Miss" as my title. I obviously never out myself as this anywhere, so now I'm going to have to be "that person" who calls to get them to change it. I am not having "miss" on the house title document!
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm You love the sound of your own voice don't you? If there is 2 minutes left at the end for questions, and you have already proclaimed yourself the most experienced on the subject we're getting a demo of, how about leaving that time for others to ask questions? Instead this woman jumped in before anyone could speak and suggested that we go through a particular item that she already knows how to do but thinks would be useful for others :ella: And now we're out of time.
There is always fucking one. Shut the fuck up. (Not you)
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Sorry, Marth. It drives me fucking mad. You’re not 6 years old. They wouldn’t address an adult male as Master John Smith, would they?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I'm a Miss :look: Never really thought about it.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

So am I nine. I admit it I’ve never thought of it like that but I’ve never wanted to say that on here as so many seem to have a problem with being called miss.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I often get called Mrs Seven though anyway, but that's my mum, grandmother and SIL.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I don't understand why Ms isn't the default, if you haven't specifically stated Miss or Mrs.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Blondiejude wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:51 pm So am I nine. I admit it I’ve never thought of it like that but I’ve never wanted to say that on here as so many seem to have a problem with being called miss.
I hadn't really considered it as an age-related thing either. I suppose it is and I am definitely not "young" at nearly 41 :)) I have no issue with Ms at all.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Marth wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:13 pm The agents (both) and the Solicitor are sending me paperwork with "Miss" as my title. I obviously never out myself as this anywhere, so now I'm going to have to be "that person" who calls to get them to change it. I am not having "miss" on the house title document!
I have no problem being that person, power to your elbow! I am just so fed up of having to explain patiently for 30+ years now why I do not want the first thing about me be a definition of my status in terms of my relationships with men, and it is a hill that I will very, very happily die on :fee:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Rosa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 pm I don't understand why Ms isn't the default, if you haven't specifically stated Miss or Mrs.
Exactly.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Like Derek, my problem with it is being defined by my marital status when men are not.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth

Post by Marth »

I don't want to be called Mrs either, and I certainly don't want someone to choose to put me as Miss because there is no husband attached to my sale and purchase.

I'm pretty sure I put Ms when I registered with the estate agent because it made you pick. I can't remember the solicitor, but my choice is always just first name and last name with no title if I can for everyone.
Malan
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I agree marth I don’t see why you need Ms, Miss or Mrs.

I often get called Mrs as we’ve been together 20years and have a child so people assume. I’ll be honest it doesn’t really bother me, I couldn’t give a jot what people think of my marital status or lack of it, it’s none of their business. But I can understand if people didn’t like being referred to in a certain way (and had as you did stipulated a choice on registering) then it’s bloody annoying for that to be ignored.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I take great delight in hissing Ms at people who call and ask if they're speaking to Miss/Mrs Shoe.

One benefit of me being the money boss with my name on all the bills is that usually S gets Mr Shoe instead of me getting Mrs/Miss S.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Did I say this the other week? Apols if so. I set up my Nectar card more than 15 years ago and put D on as the supplementary card holder. Now they write to him with extra coupons etc and told me I needed to get him to change it to be me as the main card holder.