IWLTS in 2020...

Heebie Jeebie

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oh Smunder. What a badly worded message, at best.

IWLTS you couldn't have designed this process more badly if a team of experts had sat down together with the goal of making it shite. To the pensions provider for an ex employer. You can't talk to them on the phone at the moment so have to request an online activation code which comes by post. This comes in a letter telling you to visit a URL which is wrong, and instructions which are also wrong, when you eventually find the correct site yourself. The activation process includes choosing a 15 character password including uppercase, lower case, a number and a special character. There were other points of failure after that but I'll not go on. I got in eventually. All this to send them a message.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

IWLTS: I'm not making up these rules just to make your life difficult. They are the actual rules and mainly to keep you safe!

I suggested to my mum that we have a walk to a shop near her to get some plants as she said she wanted to buy some. After telling her we couldn't go in the car, she has huffed and puffed the whole way here, and complained about "these ridiculous rules"

She is finding lockdown really hard and my stepdad is not very well but refusing to let her call the doctor out because he is afraid that he'll end up in hospital and won't get back out. Which I do understand but its not helping my mum :sigh:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

No! Oh GOD. That's ludicrous
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh, Beatrix! I hope that things change in time for you :fc:

IWLTS: “thank you, you’ve made my day :lol:” to the anonymous colleague that called me an “OG” in my 360 review. I’ve no idea who might have said it but it made me hoot :lol:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Old git? Harsh.
smalex

Post by smalex »

IWLTS: Are you trying to make your daughter into an instagram star? Shes 9. It's so cringe.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I don't think I need to see this, but at the same time you can't leave that there, Smal. :))
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Oh that’s hideous Beatrix. I have a friend due to give birth very soon, and she’s really worried about how restrictive it’s going to be when she’s in labour.

IWLTS: It’s a pandemic, it’s not our bloody fault that you’re choosing to not follow the law. Stop sulking and stop blaming us.

My ILs have seen V and A2 (socially distanced in a park) once in three months and are basically throwing their toys out of the pram about having to socially distance still and are subsequently being very Kevin the Teenager whenever we try to make plans to see them in the park. In constrast they’ve been mixing households with my SIL and BIL for two months (who have also been mixing households with their friends and SIL family) and babysitting their children twice a week. They basically see us as being selfish for not letting them see V and A2 properly and are punishing us (and them by default) for it. It’s so hard, you can’t even have a civil conversation about it.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Wow, big whinge there :lol:. That was not meant to be so long!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

THEY are whingeing at YOU? Spectacular! I hope your dear half is firmly in accord with you on this.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

They are, and rolling their eyes at us for wanting to social distance :bite:. He absolutely is, but his entire family essentially think the same as his parents, so he has no way of talking about it openly :bite:.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Topcat wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:26 pm I don't think I need to see this, but at the same time you can't leave that there, Smal. :))
Her kids are budding gymnasts, the older one is very talented and was headed for big stuff but it's all gone a bit tits up, so Project 2 seems to be pimping her 9yr old out all over Instagram with her own Instagram profile and lots of hashtags and attempts to promote her wearing lots of kit and BLEUGH.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

F'art, we've had exactly the same issue with Mr Is's family, thinking we're being over the top for following the rules. It's infuriating!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That's horrible F'art. Maybe Mr F needs to stop trying to explain and just instead lays the law down: "My kids, my rules. Look forward to seeing you, socially distancing, next week." The joy of not bothering to argue, just sticking to your guns, is a new one I'm only just learning. Mind you, I don't have in laws or children or a partner so it's easier in lots of ways.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Cerise wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:08 pm Old git? Harsh.
Original Gangster :)) :lol: so basically part of the old school crew. I love that :lol: I can’t ever see that flying in our awfully stiff feedback reviews.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Pov, wassup gangsta?

IWLTS LOOK. LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE POSTING, YOU STUPID COW.

This woman keeps saying the Cenotaph wasn't graffit-ed. I said it was but not very much. She shared an article from 3rd June saying it wasn't. I said yes, but here is one on 6th June saying it was. She shows me a Youtube video saying it wasn't. I say, yes, that was taken on 4th June. LOOK AT THE FUCKING DATES YOU TWAT. How hard is it?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Princess Morripov wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:22 am Original Gangster :)) :lol: so basically part of the old school crew. I love that :lol: I can’t ever see that flying in our awfully stiff feedback reviews.
The rest of the review was pretty formal :)) I can’t picture any of the people I asked for feedback saying it, so I’m quite puzzled :lol:
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I didn't know what OG meant! (maybe I should take the to the fuddy-duddy thread :lol: )

To my Mum, who just told me in horrified tones that they think one of her friend's husbands has early onset-dementia: Mum, he's 82. I don't think there's anything early about that, it will just be dementia. (It is a kind of sweet demonstration that in your head you never get old, it's just your body that ages, though :)) ).
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

:mog: Early onset. My aunt was in her 50s when she died of dementia. :look:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh :lol: that's very sweet but hilarious.