IWLTS in 2020...

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Kenickie »

Exactly! So strange. Unless she stores clothes in the oven
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It's a bit Hansel and Gretel. Maybe the clothes are for sale because she cooked the children.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

So you can text me with demands but you can choose to not ask after your children or actually contact them since LAST YEAR.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

BB, Kleio? Has he really not seen them in six weeks ?

IWLTS: While I am quite tall, I'm not actually a giant.

J took A to the paeditrician today, and while explaining her height' apparently told the doctor that I'm 195cm! 6 foot 4! The tallest woman in the West! :lol:
Honestly, there's something wrong with him.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

6'4" and capable of seeing a fuel gauge from miles away :lol:
Zoomer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:52 pm BB, Kleio? Has he really not seen them in six weeks ?
He's not in the country but he's somewhere with good connectivity so can email/text/phone/facetime/skype/write a fucking letter and hasn't. Just left the country and that's it. He text me to alter a weekend for when he comes back and didn't ask after them at all.
rosy

Post by rosy »

He's such an arsehole, Kleio. How is Cube doing?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Kleio wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:04 pm He's not in the country but he's somewhere with good connectivity so can email/text/phone/facetime/skype/write a fucking letter and hasn't. Just left the country and that's it. He text me to alter a weekend for when he comes back and didn't ask after them at all.
Do you have to reply?

6ft 4" - I love J. :lol:

IWLTS I really love you. Bollocks!

IWALTS My name has four letters. FOUR. It's in my email, my profile and I SIGN IT AT THE END OF ALL OUR CORRESPONDENCE. Why is it impossible for you to spell it correctly?

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I thought I was getting it right these days. :look:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Iwlts: piss off Gmail with your creepy "you sent this email 3 days, do you want to follow it up?" messages. Stop reading my emails!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I quite like those reminders, Sal - they’ve been useful a few times. I tend to assume that Google is reading and listening to my every word though :))
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh I'm sure they are, although I dont have an Alexa (or whatever the Google version is), I just hate how blatant it is, and I find that kind of reminder annoying.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm Iwlts: piss off Gmail with your creepy "you sent this email 3 days, do you want to follow it up?" messages. Stop reading my emails!
It's the 21st century version of that sodding paperclip: "It looks like you're writing a letter."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

On a similar note I’m finding my Apple Watch to be quite intrusive recently. My iPhone is obviously building a pattern of my behaviour and anticipated movements based off my calendar. So for example I’ll find that I’ve just finished a gym class and my watch will buzz to tell me how long it will take to get home. That’s fair enough. But it’s also started doing it with regular things that I do that aren’t in my calendar. It’s all getting a bit Big Brother for me.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

My iPhone offers to set a timer every morning at about the time I make a pot of tea. Again, I find it useful but I get how some people might find it creepy or intrusive.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

IWLTS: SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS?! You spent seven hundred pounds?! Wow.

IWALTS: Excellent gossip-detective work finding out that they spent SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS. I will wow at this for a long while.

IWALTS: was it really true that you misread the terms and you didn’t think it was going to cost that much? :puzz:

Children’s party for a single child. The family aren’t at all flashy so getting the price wrong may well be true, but I’d love to know. It was also totally worth £700 as it was the best children’s party I’ve been to by a long margin. And that was just for the entertainers. The venue, food, decorations etc are on top of that. For reference, most entertainers round here are about £150-200.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That fucking paperclip! :ttth:

Tell us what the entertainment was!

My friend was telling me her plans for her daughter's 9th birthday party which involves taking her friends to Westfield for pizza at Franca Manca, giving them all a handbag with a lipbalm and 20pounds each to spend! I thought that was super generous.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Do they have to shepherd several 9 yr old girls around Westfield to spend said £20? That would be the be loser for me!

£700 is an awful lot on entertainers, what were they doing?!

My running watch likes to send me reminders if it thinks I haven't moved for a while (I only wear it for runs or cycles so it sits unloved quite often). Although the other day it told me to MOVE try a walk! mere hours after I'd run 10miles, it nearly got lobbed at a wall for that.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It was these circus performer guys, they were astonishingly good and definitely worth the money. If I had that budget I wouldn’t hesitate to book them, I’m just astonished that an ordinary party in a village hall would end up costing that much!

https://www.lucasjet.party/lucas-jony-circus-performers

This post was brought to you by being astonished.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Woah, Squizz!

IWLTS Because I am the parent and I make the rules. That’s how we have an xBox free day and my child doesn’t take my iPad into the toilet.