IWLTS in 2020...

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Kenickie »

I think it might be unreasonable if you'd had a rise a couple of weeks ago but not a year ago! If you don't get a yearly rise it's effectively a pay cut anyway.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Thanks, chaps. It was an appointment to see a gynaecologist actually 😂

I’ve had a few appointments lately as I’ve also had trouble with my gallstone and have now been booked in to have my gallbladder out... It does feel like he’s not happy with me having time off for these appointments but I can’t control when I’m told to go. I shall use Edith’s response if (when) he asks again.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

SunnyMum wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:39 am IWLTS You really are a fabulous, kind and generous woman.

To my friend's MIL (that I have never met) who has welcomed my friend's new fiancé and his 5 year old son with open arms in her home for a skiing holiday with my friend and her daughters. Friend's husband (MIL's son) died tragically 5 years ago in a car accident.
I just love that MIL is happy that her DIL has found happiness and love again and is including Fiancé and Son in her family sphere.
IWLTS again You are fabulous!

The Fiance has posted that he loves his new MIL!!! He's a widower so already has 2 MILs (wife's mum and future wife's mum) now he's so happy to have a third one (future wife's MIL) I've also seen the most adorable photo of MIL (the quilt maker) with the 5 year old.
If I could I'd vote for her to be Person of the Year.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That is so lovely, Sunnymum :love:
Malan
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Isn't it ! She's really wonderful. She lost her husband quite young, then her brother, then her son. She's had more than her fair share of grief and yet she's so happy for E.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They all sound like people with huge hearts. How lovely for them.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Oh, Sunnymum. She sounds amazing. How lovely.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It's a new family. He's not replacing the son, but she's making room for him. What a moment of joy. :love:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's really lovely, SunnyMum. I'm sure she'll be happier in the long run as a result of her generosity (keeping her family close and adding to the people who love her) but it must still take a lot of strength.

IWLTS are you genuinely bemused at being asked to keep your wang to yourself? :lol:

One of our students regularly failed to shut - never mind lock - the toilet when he was using it. If it were just us it would be bad enough but it really isn't appropriate to risk exposing himself to children. P spoke to him and, while he's agreedto lock the door from now on, he couldn't see the problem :puddled:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

People trying to finish your sentences is so FUCKING ANNOYING. It is probably what will make me burn everything down one day :perky:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

(But so is people taking a really long time to get their sentence out :mute:.)
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

When I go back I will have to work closely with someone who does exactly that, Beatrix :cry: I only worked with her a short period before mat leave and she managed to hit my 0-60 annoyance button in multiple ways, but that one is top. Hers aren’t even guesses like that, it’s like she’s trying to prove she knows how sentences can end (??)

Me: I put it in the Excel spre-
Her: [Nodding] Spreadsheet
Me: ...and it just needs to be em-
Her: Emailed!

I’m convinced she was rarely listening to what I was actually saying.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

:lol: These have tickled me. You need to pull out some off-piste endings to a sentence. I put it in the Excel ...CENTRE. It just needs to be em-BRACED.

IWLTS: I got an £80 congestion charge fine for helping you move house. :bomb:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Margo

Post by Margo »

IWLTS fuck, oops. Sorry.

A man I’ve never seen before used an empty desk directly opposite me at work today. He whistled, sang random lines from songs, tapped / drummed on the desk... he was driving me insane! So after about 2 hours of me wanting to wrap a keyboard round his head I stood up and politely asked him if he’d mind making a little less noise as I was finding it really distracting...

I then went to a meeting where I said to my boss something along the lines of bloody hell, who’s that chap opposite me, he’s doing my bloody head in with his bloody noise... at which point our ops director said, ah, you must mean G, he has Tourette’s...

Ugh. I feel bad but at the same time SHUTTUP YOU ANNOYING GIT!!!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My colleague finishes sentences so I find myself thinking of increasingly inventive ways to outfox her. Sometimes I just want to freak out and shout ZEBRA! to really mess her up.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh dear Margo!

IWLTS: piss off you entitled little twat. To the knobbish student on Ch4 news who is planning to sue his university because of the strikes :ella:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

The sentence finishers remind me of the human man in The Borrowers who did it to fake listening, but always got it a bit wrong, since he hadn't in fact been listening really :lol:
Luce

Post by Luce »

God, Margo, you must be completely mortified!
rosy

Post by rosy »

The quiltmaker, Sunnymum? What a wonderful woman she must be.

IWLTS Keep feeling guilty if it means you pay my air fare to America :frolic: In fact, feel so guilty that you also cover the hotel bill.... :frolic:

(Really it's just paying some off the massive amount of money that he owes me, but I never expected to see another penny of it, so.)
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Are you OK, Rosy?