IWLTS in 2020...

Disco

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Disco »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 pm Bet you can’t wait to meet her down the pub when this is all over...
Get her a blue WKD.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

His latest post says: “I think going for a long walk could help but I am genuinely scared to leave the house in case I am infected and get disappeared under the new emergency legislation for testing and detention without trial.”

I’m worried about him.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Disco wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:20 pm
Hazey_Jane wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 pm Bet you can’t wait to meet her down the pub when this is all over...
Get her a blue WKD.
:mog:
smalex

Post by smalex »

nineseven wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:25 pm His latest post says: “I think going for a long walk could help but I am genuinely scared to leave the house in case I am infected and get disappeared under the new emergency legislation for testing and detention without trial.”

I’m worried about him.
That is quite alarming. Do you have any mutual friends to discuss it with?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

smalex wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:31 pm
nineseven wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:25 pm His latest post says: “I think going for a long walk could help but I am genuinely scared to leave the house in case I am infected and get disappeared under the new emergency legislation for testing and detention without trial.”

I’m worried about him.
That is quite alarming. Do you have any mutual friends to discuss it with?
Not really (he was on my uni course but we’ve got a different set of friends). His friends have tried to speak to him about it but he shuts them down.
I do understand not trusting the Tories but he’s convinced they are actual eugenicists. He posts multiple times a day and when it’s not links to hysterical conspiracy theories it’s endless videos of him singing songs from musicals in various wigs :look:

ETA: He also says it’s going to become a criminal offence to “discuss vaccines”. I think the laws he’s referring to are about anti-vaxxers spreading misinformation
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh no, poor bloke :( Any chance a jokey "Ha ha, can you imagine this government being organised enough to do that! They don't even have enough tests for NHS staff!" might help? Thinking he's going to be disappeared sounds like proper mental breakdown territory but obviously FB posts aren't enough to determine that.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Disco wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:20 pm
Get her a blue WKD.
:mog:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

IWLTS will you be taking in your rain soaked washing? I know my neighbour is at home, and I don't understand why it's still on the line.
Margo

Post by Margo »

IWLTS I’m so bloody proud of you both, you have no idea! Especially you, K, you’ve gone from being an absolutely vile spoilt brat of a teenager to a strong, focused, determined woman and I think you’re bloody marvellous for doing so well at uni and having such a fab career ahead of you 😊

(I think you can allow me the brat, for once!)
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's lovely to hear, Margo. Do you get on with her and her sister now?

Perhaps they've just decided it cant get any wetter, Wiggle?
Margo

Post by Margo »

Much better, yes, Lora. K (youngest) is just finishing a law degree, and had lined up work experience with a law firm in the US, which has obviously not happened now. Considering she put in very little effort at school and we were worried she was just going to end up doing nothing with her life, she somehow found it in her to get good grades and get into uni. She’s worked so hard, it’s fab!

Possibly it’s because R went to uni a year earlier, and it inspired her? Whatever the reason, I’m very proud 😊

We all get on well now, which is helped by me having moved away and them being at uni most of the time 😊

Funny how things work out, isn’t it?
Lola

Post by Lola »

That’s really nice. People are usually easier to get on with if you don’t live with them :look:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

As my stepmother will tell you :D

I really, really do hope you say some if not all of that Margo, when you can.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

IWLTS If the arguing before breakfast gets on your wick, have you considered making sure they’re set for breakfast before getting in the shower? Or maybe getting out of bed and showering before I start work?

But I won’t because I’m tiring of ‘managing’ the home schooling, the food supplies, the sanity of the household, etc on top of a full time job that is also quite mentally draining atm.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 pm As my stepmother will tell you :D

I really, really do hope you say some if not all of that Margo, when you can.
Well, it’s in my head now, so some of it might come out when I next see them 😊
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Iwlts: yes, I know you are stressed and this is not a good situation but you still have a job, and you are still being paid a good salary for this job. So no, I don't think its unreasonable for me to point out that you are below your target, and no, your targets won't be reduced during this time.

IWreallyLTS: maybe if you were in the same boat as my step sister who works in a care home, caught Covid there due to lack of PPE and having recovered (thankfully!) is back at work this week, straight into a 15 hour shift on minimum wage, I'd be a bit more sympathetic!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That's great to read Margo. Maybe you could send her a card or something.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Your daughter looks about eight. Surely she can't have grandfathers who were officers in the second world war?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

What's the story there, Ken?

IWLTS - you are massively over-reacting.

To my nutty neighbour. She has posted one of those massive rectangular posts saying 'I have just had a pizza delivered from X, and the deliverer WAS NOT STANDING 2 METRES AWAY when I got to the door!!' Cue a ridiculous thread with the usual 'what do they not understand??' bollocks, and incorporating yet another conversation with her partner who is living with her for the duration.

If she was really upset, surely calling the pizza shop instead of posting on social media would have been a more proportionate response, and talking to her partner whilst eating the pizza instead of posting on Facebook would be a lot easier.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Post up "You'd better not eat the pizza then, and if you have, sick it back up - quick!"
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored