IWLTS in 2020...

Demelza

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Demelza »

Thank you!
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Oh Demelza I feel your pain, they have been a pain in the arse so often for us!

For eldest daughter they told us that Mr H’s NI number was wrong, then on confirming it they told us someone else must have used it (bit worrying!), then the next year told us his number was fine, it must have been their system. :woteva:

Now middle child has had exactly the same problem, apparently her ni number has already been used, and they wanted proof it was her number? I mean, didn’t you check it matched the details of the person who used it originally then - name, address, etc.? It’s very odd.

Plus they said Mr H’s income figures were wrong, and even when we sent his p60 showing those figures, we were sent a letter saying “we don’t believe your income figures are correct, but we will go ahead on the info you have given us”, which is a bit baffling. They appear to be suggesting he has a secret job or something? :lol:

Sorry, tl:dr - they are a nightmare, you are not alone.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Thanks Hobbes - it’s just so frustrating going round in circles with them! I’ve had some tips from Ella and Hazey so hopefully I can get at least one of the children sorted tomorrow.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Whoo hoo! I followed Ella's tip of pressing * and Hazey's friend's advice and managed to get through to someone who has sorted it out. Apparently it's a known issue but there's no way of resolving it through the website :ella:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yay!
smalex

Post by smalex »

IWLTS: If you could just stop banging on about how it's been like one long lovely holiday that would be appreciated, thanks.

The reverse of 'furlough shaming' (which I do hate) needs to be 'assuming everyone has had a thoroughly nice paid extended break' rather than pulling their hair out and working 12 hour days. I bumped into a friend yesterday in the park, she's lovely, but she seemed genuinely perplexed that I was a bit down in the dumps about needing to carry this on until September at least. 'You wouldn't have actually sent him back would you!? It hasn't been that bad?'. BOTH of them are furloughed! 'It's sort of been like one long christmas holiday!'. Why, yes. I imagine it has :ruby:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

IWLTS - Fuck off. Fuck off some more, then fuck off again.

I've had Jack's school report emailed to me. The head says that "with more effort on your part" he could have a very successful S3. How about more fucking effort on YOUR part, supporting a child who's been suicidal with school anxiety?

Don't get me wrong, I am aware he is a stubborn dick, but, you know, he cannot become un-autistic and shrug off his anxiety because he feels like it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Woah. What- your part as in you or as in him? Not that either is acceptable? They're dicks.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Him, it's addressed to him. I'm definitely not showing him that, it's the opposite of being helpful.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Does he have to go back? (I can't remember what year he's in)
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Well, he's 15, so I'm strongly considering looking into other options tbh.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I would find it difficult to send him back if they think that sort of language might be an effective tool in encouraging him (or just don't care).
Glint

Post by Glint »

I’d be sitting on my hands, Smunder. A very considered response in a day or two would be in order, especially if you cc’d the HoE at the council.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

This is my plan, Glint. I'm not doing it now, but I'm going to email the head and the council. I emailed the head 10 days or so ago asking for urgent help with some issues he was having and no response, so they're definitely not in my good books.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s shocking, Smunder!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

You must be utterly raging! I’m glad he hasn’t seen it and it definitely needs taking further.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

That is disgraceful Smunder.

And I’m glad you sorted out your issue Demi!!!

IWLTS- I cannot help but feel there has been a massive fuck up somewhere because I’m fairly sure I’m not owed 5 figures back in tax.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I told jack they said he's doing work too easy for him and should try harder work (he does this, it's an anxiety thing, he works below his ability) and that he'll be a great S3. They can fuck off with their comments. Tbh, most of the teachers commented about the working below his ability thing, and acknowledged he needed assistance because of anxiety. But the head is a dick.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I can't believe that report, Smunder! I'm glad Jack has you looking out for him.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That letter is terrible. He could have suggested they work together or something. Total victim blaming there.
Malan