Sleety Beak

Estrella

Re: Sleety Beak

Post by Estrella »

That sounds amazing!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’m watching Next in Fashion. Mr Squirrel is away. Can you tell? :mog: I’ll be a fully feral alcoholic by the end of the week.

Oh I can’t do the smileys any more , sorry.
Last edited by Squirrel on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Estrella wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm That sounds amazing!
It was delicious but honestly very sad to be drinking such a thing on my own, party for one :lol:
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

For some reason ice cream scoops remind me of 80’s school
Dinner, I used to love the mashed potato scoop.
We didn’t come off to badly compared to what I was expecting (Armageddon according to the bbc) but it’s very cold, sleeting and windy here still. Problem is it’s always like that so I think we got off lightly.

I’m watching a midsummer murder and shall shortly be off to bed, it’s the rain that’s kept us awake all weekend so hopefully some sleep tonight.
I hope your all ok though.

To keep with the beak I made a proper homemade curry from scratch but added too much chilli, so I’ve had a ham and cheese wrap. One day I’ll learn to follow a recipe, mr mr loves it so at least it won’t go to waste:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Evening.

I had (burnt) bacon steaks with Daphne potatoes and sweetcorn. It was pretty foul, but by the time I'd got in, warmed up and made the effort to burn the dinner I couldn't be bothered to chuck it and start again, so I persevered. A fitting ending to a rubbish day, really, but the potatoes were good.

I'm wondering whether to abandon tomorrow's plans and hole up indoors. I wanted to see the Knife Angel statue and the Aminalesque exhibition before they move on, but the Knife Angel is here until 27th February, and the weather should improve before then. I think it will look good in the rain, though - the bleakness will add to its nihilism. I'll see how I feel in the morning. Have you seen either of them, Blondie?
rosy

Post by rosy »

I meant to see the knife angel when it was in Derby but that didn't happen; I hope to see it soon. I wouldn't go out tomorrow unless you need to, Morgs, the forecast is dire.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yes, rosy, I might leave it till next week. I'm busy on Wednesday, and want to go to the Enchanted Interior exhibition on Thursday before my course starts, so it will be next week before I'm likely to be free (medical appointments permitting). The Enchanted thing looks interesting. It shows how many pre-Raphaelite paintings are of women indoors, like caged trophies. It's a hike to the University, though, so if the storm hasn't cleared up I might postpone that, too :cry:.

https://laingartgallery.org.uk/whats-on ... 9c4e6300e0
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I haven’t seen either morgs, no. I might try and see the knife angel though before it goes.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Blondiejude wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:52 am I haven’t seen either morgs, no. I might try and see the knife angel though before it goes.
The Animalesque exhibition at the Baltic has an installation that I'm told is absolutely amazing. It involves a man and a tiger, which I think morph into one another and separate. I'm not sure if it is a video or hologram, or quite what, but from all accounts is is well worth seeing. It lasts about 20 minutes from start to finish. It might be worth taking S if you think she'll like it. It would be easy to combine the two.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Oh thanks Morg! Ill look into that as its half term next week so it might be a good thing to take her too.

Let me know what the knife angel is like if you do go to see it.
mischief

Post by mischief »

The knife angel is amazing. I didn;t expect to be so emotionally affected by it. They had it by Coventry Cathedral and teenagers were writing the names of victims on the cathedral steps (in chalk) and leaving flowers
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

The Knife Angel was here last year and it was very emotional. The sheer size of some of them got me.

Smal, were you at least dressed for the poor weather?

It's windy here but I've kept everything tied down, I really would like this weather to just do one. Fingers crossed it's all gone by the half term.

The heating is on full blast here, I've also got a jumper on and a lined blanket and I'm still freezing. Hopefully, a hot toddy might warm me up! Betty had declined to do any of her 4 pieces of homework and they are all due in tomorrow so I spent most of the early evening with her doing those and tonight I'm putting together some menus for a friend of mine.