Where is Tuesday?

Lola

Re: Where is Tuesday?

Post by Lola »

FFS, I was supposed to be going up north last weekend & couldn’t go because of the storm. Now there is another storm this weekend :mad:

I always leave stuff till the last minute too :look:
smalex

Post by smalex »

I hadn't looked at the weekend but it looks dire again, you're right!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

This bloody weather is a pain in the arse, I am going up North next monday for work, and it'll probably be a right nuisance. I am at least getting the train, rather than driving.
Last edited by sally maclennane on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
indigo

Post by indigo »

J went home today and I really hope he won't get stuck coming back on Thursday. :lg: Rosy - are you at least cosy and warm inside?
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Storms better not ruin my London trip :verm:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I'm doing a half marathon up on the Mendips on Sunday. Which will be fun.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Wrap up warm, Mog!
smalex

Post by smalex »

It'll be....character building :look: (you love all that wet/muddy/difficult/hilly crap :)) )
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I just heard about four people in trainers being rescued from Ben Nevis so as long as you're not doing that then hopefully you'll be okay!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We’re flying on Saturday, I will not be a happy bunny if it’s delayed. Solo parenting long haul is going to be enough of a pain.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I saw Charles & Camilla rather than Kate & William. :lg: Got very close to Charles though and he seemed nice.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:08 pm Storms better not ruin my London trip :verm:
Mine too, but mine isn’t until next week.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Mine got cancelled last time because of strikes so I will be very pissed off if it happens again.

I shook Charles' hand years ago because my mum said I'd regret it if I didn't. I don't think I would.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Toast wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:25 pm I just heard about four people in trainers being rescued from Ben Nevis so as long as you're not doing that then hopefully you'll be okay!
I heard they hadn't a map, I didn't realise they were in trainers. FFS. They're lucky they didn't fall down the hole.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:54 pm
Toast wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:25 pm I just heard about four people in trainers being rescued from Ben Nevis so as long as you're not doing that then hopefully you'll be okay!
I heard they hadn't a map, I didn't realise they were in trainers. FFS. They're lucky they didn't fall down the hole.
This infuriates me, I have a colleague who volunteers for mountain rescue and the risks they take in rescuing people are huge. Added to which, another colleague died on Ben Nevis a few years ago, he was highly experienced and well equipped, it was much milder weather but he was just very unlucky.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I thought of you when I saw that, Bats. Not thought of you doing something like that, but being scornful about the stupids doing it.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Fucking eejits going up Nevis in this weather in trainers - puts other people's lives at risk.#

It's been blowy and haily and rainy here today so I stayed in bed until about 9.30am then got up, did a few bits of tidying then went to see mum - we've sorted out the last of the wardrobes in my step-dad's room. So much paper! He had a habit of cutting things out of newspapers which were obviously important at the time. Anyway, that's done and I MusicMagpie'd some of his CDs :)), the rest, along with some DVDs and videos, have gone in the charity shop bag. Mum just needs to shred some papers and that's that all done.

Dinner is all ready so I am with the cat on the sofa keeping warm :cold:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I get so angry at idiots putting lives at risk. That utter cretin on his surfboard the other day - what is wrong with people?

I decided to cancel my plans for today, and instead went up to Barter Books, which is the perfect place to spend a wet and windy day. It is a converted station that is now a second-hand book store (you can take them in to barter, too) and has cafes with open fires in the waiting rooms. I had a lovely peaceful coffee and a browse, and felt all the better looking at the snow swirling around outside.

I always intend to just browse, but come out with a random book I didn't know I wanted, and today's was one on Japanese death poetry from AD 700 onwards.

I'm home now, and thinking of lighting the fire in here, too.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I was similarly outraged about the trainer-wearing twats although I don’t think that came over in my post.

Your afternoon sounds just lovely, Morgs. I had a rummage around the charity shops and found a pot that’s been described as a bit knackered and a picture that looks like someone’s mum painted it but I’m happy with my finds :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

I love Barter Books but it's bad for my bank balance!

I have a fire going so I'm cosy rosy :))

Those idiots on Ben Nevis should be made to pay at least the full cost of their rescue.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.