sally maclennane

Re: Where is Tuesday?

Post by sally maclennane »

I like that :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

It's a bit near to Ann of Cleves. :look: And being Ann of Cleves didn't really have a happy ending. :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Sal of Cleaves is good. :))

Oh it's all child/behaviour/memeory related tedium which is driving me to distraction. A bit like yesterday, I don't know if her forgetfulness is down to laziness (which I am inclined to think) or again, if there is epilepsy at play, which would make me feel bad about thinking it down to laziness.

I mean, you are given homework every. Single. Week. How can it be that difficult to remember to do before having to rush it on the final day?
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! It was snowing at home but I’m at sewing club (it’s not a class as the teacher has been absent for almost two terms now, so it’s more of a drop-in).

As Henry VIII’s wives went, Anne of Cleves probably had the best outcome. Money and prestige and keeping her head.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Morning all. I remember being similarly aggravating about homework, Mog. Hope your day picks up.

I am in a freezing cold office after a rather hairy drive on the M55. The crosswind nearly tipped me on to the central reservation at one point.

Still I have a nice cheese sandwich for lunch and it is WI tonight.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I did my GCSE Media Studies coursework (counted for a chunk of the grade) the night before it was due to be submitted. :frolic: I actually have no idea how I managed to get through 2 degrees. :look: My Dante essay was written in 8 hours on a speed comedown.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Homework is the tip of a big, big iceberg, but I hear your wise words.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I am still very last minute about work, I have to have a deadline to give me focus.

I am in the office now and have discovered that my soup has leaked out of a container, through an insulated lunch bag, and into the main part of my laptop bag. My headphones now smell of lentil soup :cry:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

You're still winning, I forgot my headphones. FML.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good afternoon. I’m trying to decide whether to spend my lunch break trying to spot Will & Kate.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Hope no one gets blown away today and all vehicles stay firmly on their four (two/six/other) wheels. I drove home one junction on the M4 yesterday yesterday and it was right gusty.

I have taken a small boy to the fracture clinic, deposited him at school and been out for breakfast and am now trying to stay out of the cleaners way. Luckily I think they’ve nearly finished so I can go downstairs and be productive. Yay.

She’d do well on ambulances, TC. We only ever do stuff at the last minute :).
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:47 pm You're still winning, I forgot my headphones. FML.
At least they don’t smell of lentil soup.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Mog, I still do shit like that and I'm 37 :))

It's miserable here today. I'm writing another conference paper and wishing there was a wee fairy to do it for me.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am working from home and getting really frustrated that the Accounting software keeps crashing - should not happen as it is web based!!
Will eat Pizza later and may need to open the wine this evening
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve got the joys of doing Chunk’s homework with him tonight. Set Friday, due tomorrow.
smalex

Post by smalex »

We always do homework at the earliest opportunity :lol: This is a reflection of my anxious and rule abiding nature
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:55 pm We always do homework at the earliest opportunity :lol: This is a reflection of my anxious and rule abiding nature
My children are complete opposites. The one with ADHD forgets and leaves. The one without ADHD has homework Fri->Fri and likes to hand it all in on Monday.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Have you researched deadline driven careers, Cerise? :)) :look:
rosy

Post by rosy »

I need deadlines to get homework and the like done.

The snow is coming down in bucketloads here, it’s horrible.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I haven't got an immediate deadline right now, can you tell?

SMUN. I think you're in an amber and a yellow now. Go home. *Bat Meteorological Service*