Mountain Goat

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh thank goodness.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Aw Goat, I have cried over excess swede in normal circumstances, I hate to think what I'd be like now. I usually just end up cooking it with red lentils and curry paste and putting it in the freezer for M's lunch. :))
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Some of our local wholesalers who usually supply restaurants and pubs etc. are doing domestic deliveries instead. I’ve looked and none I know of have a presence in London but it’s worth looking locally to see if there is anything similar near you.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's a relief, Emma.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm :lol: I like how we think *now* is the time to play fast and loose with food hygiene.
Well, we need to give the NHS something to do.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My Regal Fish delivery came today. They do meat too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

kiwi wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm Aw Goat, I have cried over excess swede in normal circumstances, I hate to think what I'd be like now. I usually just end up cooking it with red lentils and curry paste and putting it in the freezer for M's lunch. :))
:lol: They actually turned out fine, I'd go as far as to say we enjoyed them: the pastry was falling to pieces because I left it out while I did twenty million other things and it got too warm so it was impossible to work with, but nothing leaked out so I pretended it was free form lattice work. :look: But, fucking hell. It was because I was trying to make soup for tomorrow's lunch and crisps for tomorrow night's snacks-with-wine at the same time. I feel like the woman from Back in Time for Dinner, in the years where there was no help and she had to spend all fucking day making meals that no-one wanted to eat, because EVERYTHING has to be done from the very scratch of the scratch, and all with fucking swede. :lg:

Day 1. :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Glad you managed to place an order, emma.

I cried this morning when my hastily ordered fruit and veg box was on my doorstep first thing. Not sure I can get another but but at least I've staved off scurvy for another week. I also put a Donald Russell order in yesterday. The first delivery slot I could get was 8 April. I do feel extremely lucky though that I can afford to do this so many out there can't.

Goat the soup was delicious and extremely filling, so thanks for that.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Donald Russell lasagne is really nice, and their parmigiana isn't bad either. I got a delivery a week or two ago (AKA in a previous life), but it's not as useful as it should be as Mr M obviously won't eat any of it, and I'm not inclined to cook separate things when food is so scarce.

I got some of their slow cooked chicken, and I'm thinking of doing a risotto and adding it to half. I don't like doing that now there are only two of us though, as we quickly get out of synch with meals. I also got sandwich steaks to have as quick lunches, but now we have no bread :verm:
Last edited by Morganna on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

nineseven wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:52 pm Well, prepare to feel jealous because lunch was an expired tin of sardines (Dec 19) on a single slice of toast, with some tomatoes and a tiny bit of cucumber. I am rationing and trying not to use all the nice stuff up at once, but jesus.
I had almost this exact same tea last night, except it was a tin of mackerel in oil. Honestly it was one of the nicest things I’ve had to eat, but then I LOVE mackerel and have been hoarding a couple of tins for special occasions/circumstances. Day 18(??) of social distancing seems about right.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Just in case this wasn’t a fluke and might help anyone looking for a slot - I haven't been able to get a new Tesco delivery booked for a while, just getting unavailable on everything. I’ve been checking every day and last night decided to check through the night feeds and at 11 pm and 2 pm there was nothing, but at 5.30 am slots appeared on the furthest out date and I was able to book one.

It could just be Tesco, or my Tesco, or many other variables but if you've been getting nothing and can face 5 am it may be worth a look.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Here's a good list of independent companies doing food deliveries. I have also just ordered a dairy box from Neal's Yard Dairy.

http://eatlikeagirl.com/independent-foo ... ssion=true
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Thank you, I’ve ordered some cheese from Cheezelo.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I have ordered some extremely expensive sausage rolls and Scotch eggs from Crown & Queue and could cry with relief and happiness. Thank you! I have never wanted a sausage roll/supply of lunches so much ever.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am happy you liked the ribollita, Disco! I am doing similar for lunch.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The lunches! MrTex and I usually just have a sandwich but I’m trying to vary it more partly for the boys and partly because there’s no end of week eating out to look forward to :cry:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Asda have just been, and there were surprisingly few substitutions/out of stock items. They're using bags again and not allowed take substitutions back, but apparently you can get a refund for anything you normally wouldn't have accepted by going online.

I now have a fully stocked fridge, freezer, and cupboard, so can rest easy.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We can't* get bread and I can't make enough bread for us both to have sandwiches for lunch and toast for breakfast, so...

*Ie, I'm not willing to go to the shop, they may have some. :))