Feeding TMT

nineseven

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by nineseven »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 am Thank you, I’ve ordered some cheese from Cheezelo.
You're welcome. That list is going to be a godsend. I have also ordered a vegetable box from Greens, which bafflingly had a bunch on bananas in the photo, so I have requested no bananas.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve had the email for my Asda order which is arriving shortly and the only things without substitutions are tofu, yeast/flour, chiller cabinet soup, fresh herbs (which I managed to get yesterday in my veg box) and some lentil crisps. I didn’t really buy much store cupboard stuff other than sandwich paste and coffee mate as I’ve got loads in. The main relief is that I’ve got a milk 4-pinter, eggs, cheddar, oats and yoghurt coming, so I can start having a reasonable breakfast again.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I've just checked the Sainsburys app and they had a few delivery slots for tomorrow and Friday but nothing after that (or for click and collect). I am assuming they have allocated all the vulnerable people slots who wanted them, and then released the remaining slots, but not too far in advance.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

I've changed my next Gousto box to a family one and splitting it with a neighbour. Everything is divided into two person portions anyhow so easy to split. I've got a subscription and although he's a member he hasn't got a subscription so hasn't been able to get a box. So that was our solution.
He's managed to to get a Musclefood delivery and if we need anything to let him know.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My parents have managed to do their first ever online delivery order this morning! I’m so pleased and relieved.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

My neighbour is about to go to Tesco so is going to try to get me some butter :love:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I've ordered some smoked fish from Staal Smokehouse, nine, thank you!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Our local Co-op is being stocked up with fresh vegetables and fruit daily, a bit of a lucky dip as to what's available, but that's fine. We're trying to use it as infrequently as possible though, as it's difficult to maintain a gap with other customers once you're inside.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You struck gold with your new neighbour, nine!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

There are plenty of Asda delivery slots available here (from Saturday onwards). I've just managed to book one for my MIL as she was stressed about having to go out. P asked her for her list and she said, "Apples and bananas, please." :lg:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I'm just back from the shops. Greengrocers was totally normal. Supermarket was mostly normal but with slightly odd empty sections - still no pasta, not much tinned stuff, a whole section of yoghurt was empty :? Meat, eggs and bread back to normal.

The checkout lady said someone had been through earlier with 150€ worth of shopping solely made up of tins and pasta.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Kale crisps are amazing! Who knew?!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

They really shouldn't allow that, PG.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Disco wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm Kale crisps are amazing! Who knew?!
They’re alright, aren’t they?
Disco

Post by Disco »

I would actively be happy to receive kale in a veg box in future because of the crisps.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Rosa wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:10 pm They really shouldn't allow that, PG.
No. We discussed the restrictions that are being applied in other supermarkets, and that now we're near the end of the month people are running out of money any way. I don't know though whether the shelves had been full this morning and were emptied early on. I feel like it's unlikely, there were few customers compared to usual, and no more shelf stacking going on than usual. Hopefully it will balance out before too long. I'm wondering if some tinned veg might have just run out though, unless they start importing it, sweetcorn is seasonal and must just live in warehouses normally.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Disco wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:20 pm I would actively be happy to receive kale in a veg box in future because of the crisps.
:lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

The unintended consequence of item limits is that instead of buying four carrots, which is what I need, I've had to order a kg. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Jet

Post by Jet »

I could do with that right now - these boys are eating us out of house and home! Between L’s cheese consumption and S’s cereal plus their milk were going to have to start rationing.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I went to the big Sainsbury’s yesterday afternoon around 4:30. I had to queue in a spaced queue to get in the store as they were restricting how many people were in there at once. The till queues were being strictly managed too. Shelves weren’t too bad on the whole.