Feeding TMT

Squirrel

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Squirrel »

Half past eleven! Bloody hell.

Is it possible to book more than one Sainsbury’s delivery and to book more than a week ahead, does anyone know?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Squirrel wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:48 am Half past eleven! Bloody hell.

Is it possible to book more than one Sainsbury’s delivery and to book more than a week ahead, does anyone know?
Yes but only on the website, not on the app. I can book two weeks.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Yes, what Cerise said. Max two weeks ahead and they're not releasing their Xmas slots until the end of November.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Thank you.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Asda Christmas delivery slots are already available I believe.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Waitrose released theirs a few weeks ago.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh my god, Sainsbury’s web site is driving me potty. I’ve finally got it to let me book another delivery but it’s still only offering a week in advance. Then I accidentally clicked on Thurs 19th which I don’t want but can’t cancel, so I’ll have to let it expire then try again!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Okay I've figured it out in case this helps anyone else. It isn't accepting bookings for more than 7 days ahead (maybe this varies by region), and whenever I log back in I have to update my outstanding order even though there are no changes, before I can book a new order. Phew! Apologies for live blogging this very tedious episode.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I was just moaning to J, we seem to he hemorrhaging money on groceries, even with the change to Morrisons we are spending way more than we used to when we didn't get deliveries/shop once a week. I honestly don't know what to do about it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I swear everything has got more expensive, and it's only going to get worse after Brexit.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It's so, so much more expensive. We're paying much more now without alcohol than we used to pay with alcohol, and the extra is more than I used to spend on work lunches on top of that. I'm lucky in that there are currently two of us with jobs, but I really don't know how other people are expected to manage. And yeah, next fucking year :ruby:.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I'm trying not to think about post Brexit.

ETA: I should have said, I could get advice from the people on facebook that say I should feed myself on 20p a day (or whatever shit they spout). :))
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Groceries are definitely way more expensive. Could you try Lidl or Aldi, Skips, if you have any near you? I find them loads cheaper than everywhere else.
Skips

Post by Skips »

The nearest is a 25 minute drive away. We did start going to this before J got ill when we were using Ocado. I might suggest we go tonight so see if we can get the shop for less. I wish we could check prices online to see if it would be a worthwhile trip.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

It’s definitely more expensive. I did the food shop Wednesday and came out thinking the amount was about right, until I thought about it and realised it was the same it would normally be but “normally” I’d pick up a couple of bottles of wine, and some beers for mr. We’ve been ordering those separately on line so actually I hadn’t bought any alcohol or things like soap powder etc and I’m spending the same.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

You might be able to check Aldi prices online now Skips as they’ve just launched C&C in selected stores.

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/Groc ... nd-Collect
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

George Monbiot in the Guardian.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ssion=true
817DB989-6BF7-4C9D-873A-6067D6479F9C.jpeg
E1D4DA85-994B-417D-8F2B-AF2E6CCBEC7C.jpeg
Thanks again, Leave cunts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I can report there is a big fat space in my Sainsbury's where the Rioja should be. After Cumingate I don't think I can cope.

I am very grateful for my veg box, it kept us going through Lockdown 1.0 and will no doubt be a lifesaver come January.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Asda doesn't have any bananas I can add to my next order (beginning of Jan)! It's suggested I have apples instead.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.