Feeding TMT

Ruby

Re: Are you stockpiling?

Post by Ruby »

I've got almost a full box of Who Gives A Crap in so I'm good for bog roll.

I don't think stockpiling is a bad thing - i.e. having a long term supply of food that you have built up - but panic buying is very annoying.

I've got loads left in the Brexitpile. I need to sort through it actually and prioritise it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

You'd hope the supermarkets would start rationing it if it looks like turning into a proper problem. But I suppose that adds fuel to the fire in a way
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I agree with Ruby, long term stockpiling does no harm, and people who do it don't contribute to panic buying as we have a few weeks worth of stuff in store anyway and can let everyone else fight over the loo roll. Panic buyers can fuck off though.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I'm just thinking about some poor old gimmers, who only go to the shop once a week, wandering round ASDA. It's not fair that they can't find any bog roll because some greedy fucker has been and cleared the shelves. For some reason I feel really sorry for the elderly about this whole thing - mostly because I keep reading "it's a mild virus unless you're over 70 or immune compromised" Oh well, that's OK then!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Although I have added a bottle of Dettol to this week's shop. :lol:
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Exactly. A lot of them don’t use computers and can’t order stuff, who go to the bank or post office to get their cash out before trekking to the shops. It’s massively unfair to leave them short when they’re already among the most vulnerable.
Last edited by cluefree on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Ruby wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 pm I'm just thinking about some poor old gimmers, who only go to the shop once a week, wandering round ASDA. It's not fair that they can't find any bog roll because some greedy fucker has been and cleared the shelves. For some reason I feel really sorry for the elderly about this whole thing - mostly because I keep reading "it's a mild virus unless you're over 70 or immune compromised" Oh well, that's OK then!
This!

No I'm not. I don't know what I'm supposed to be stockpiling because I haven't watched the news in about 1908, but I don't believe in hand sanitiser and get my loo roll from Who Gives A Crap (Ruby! :dotty: ) so, er, no.

I am on Team TC with this. Fuckache.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:52 pm Sod food, I have enough beauty products to ensure that I still look when I'm starving after the apocalypse
Me too! :flirt:

I think some people have gone a bit nuts. It's sensible to have enough food (and loo roll and painkillers) to get you through a couple of weeks, just in case, but that's enough, surely?
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

No. Because it’s people stockpiling/panic buying I mean, more than they need, that increases demand, which raises prices and increases shortages. Which causes all the problems. You’d think after hundreds of years of world wars, rationing etc we would have learnt but no. It’s basic GDP yet still people buy 100 loo rolls, a million tins of beans etc.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Just for the record, I totally understand medication etc as that would be a worry and a necessity, five hundred bags of pasta is not.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I have not stockpiled, although my last big shop was two hundred and fifty fucking euros, so that feels as if i should have enough in for weeks, even though I don't.
I did accidentally buy a shedload of lentils, so we can always survive on lentils and wild boar (our freezer is full of it) if all comes to all. :lol:
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Ruby wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 pm I'm just thinking about some poor old gimmers, who only go to the shop once a week, wandering round ASDA. It's not fair that they can't find any bog roll because some greedy fucker has been and cleared the shelves. For some reason I feel really sorry for the elderly about this whole thing - mostly because I keep reading "it's a mild virus unless you're over 70 or immune compromised" Oh well, that's OK then!
After being 'reassured' at school that it 'only' affects the elderly, my son came home worried and quietly asked "What about Dad?"

Not yet 50, boyo, don't think he's gonna get finished off by the flu just yet :lol:

But yes, it's an awful thing to say. We all have families we care about.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I haven't noticed a shortage of bogroll here, but hand sanitizer is worth more than gold. Also I couldn't find any lemongrass last weekend, which I think you'll agree is a necessity in a pandemic. :snooty:
Luna

Post by Luna »

But unless you are using bog roll as something to blow your nose with, you could bypass it and just get in the shower after a poo 💩 in desperate need, surely?
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Nope. If I'm ill I don't feel much like eating anyway so am unlikely to feel like whipping up pasta and sauce.

The only thing I'd miss is a cup of tea but if there's no milk that would be a problem. I might but a couple of cartons of UHT milk just in case but it wouldn't occur to me to have a stockpile of anything.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’m been overthinking this since my neighbour alerted me to the crisis :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh God. :lol:.

I'm just popping round to the supermarket for 76 loo rolls!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think the loo roll thing is based on some dickish rumour that all of the world’s loo roll is produced in Hubei province. Obviously that’s bollocks.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Zoomer wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:17 pm I have not stockpiled, although my last big shop was two hundred and fifty fucking euros, so that feels as if i should have enough in for weeks, even though I don't.
I did accidentally buy a shedload of lentils, so we can always survive on lentils and wild boar (our freezer is full of it) if all comes to all. :lol:
I bought so many lentils in the run up to Brexit. :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I haven’t stock piled either but we should be able to survive on dhal, chickpeas and rice for ages as I always have mountains of basic curry stuff in.

We’ve only had 2 confirmed cases in the entire state yet loo rolls and hand sanitiser are nowhere to be found. :ella: