Feeding TMT

Ella77

Re: Are you stockpiling?

Post by Ella77 »

I think it’s people stocking up. Ocado is out of BORLOTTI BEANS. What will I do?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think people are just wise to weekend slots and book earlier than you think. I’ve finally realised if I want 9-10 on a Saturday then I need to book it before Thursday night.

If this turns into a crisis it could be the thing to break Squeak’s fussiness over food. So silver linings. I can’t fill my entire freezer with chicken nuggets.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I can almost always get a next-day slot. Or I used to be able to. BEFORE.

It’s all getting a bit The Walking Dead :look:.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Genuinely, a zombie apocalypse is my worst fear. But I remember being more terrified about swine flu.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Someone pointed out on twitter that all the people stocking up on hand gel need everyone else to be washing their hands too :mrgreen:
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I can’t get a delivery slot or click and collect for love nor money. I had to wait a week for the last one. I think it’s both people stocking up and avoiding supermarkets.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Chicky wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:31 am Someone pointed out on twitter that all the people stocking up on hand gel need everyone else to be washing their hands too :mrgreen:
That’s what I was saying to Squeak last night.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I don’t understand :thick:.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

My local supermarket delivery slots are all available as normal. I had a delivery this week and had a brief wave of embarrassment that I’d ordered a giant pack of 16 loo rolls but that is my normal pack size, honest! :lol:

Dettol laundry cleanser was out of stock though, which I often use for my son’s washing so that’s annoying. I wonder if people are buying extra to wash hand towels maybe?
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

My friend works in Sainsbury's and she's messaged me this morning to say it's as busy as Christmas already except it's bread and toilet roll that are flying off the shelves.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Everyone doing their big shop on Corona Eve?
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

:lol:
indigo

Post by indigo »

smalex wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 am Everyone doing their big shop on Corona Eve?
:lol:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

We've moved on slightly BUT ibuprofen use is associated with development of lichen planus, especially in middle aged women. Mum got it after she took it regularly after breaking things. Hers is in remission now because she swapped to mixing her drugs up a bit. But you really don't want it, it makes eating painful if it manifests in your mouth. Apparently the amount of ibruprofen needed to kick it of differs from person to person. So, cautionary tale, mix up your drugs.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Good to know, thank you.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ella77 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:00 am I don’t understand :thick:.
Basically if everyone practised good hygiene you wouldn’t need so much sanitiser. They’re only protecting themselves rather than the herd. Is what I thought.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

But it's precisely because you can't rely on herd immunity, and that it's transmitted through droplets, that hand sanitiser after (for example) travel via public transport is a useful health tool. I don't understand the argument either.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yes, exactly!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

olive wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:45 am I’ve always used hand sanitiser for reasons Ella shared and keep a small one along with a small pack of anti bac wipes in every bag. People are fucking grim.
Kenickie wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:31 am I've never used hand sanitizer normally, and don't feel the need to start now. I'm not sure if I'm being overly relaxed about this or if everyone else is going OTT. Maybe I'd feel differently if I was still commuting, but I doubt it.
Buy a small one for the changing bag. You don’t want to get caught doing a nappy change and not having anywhere to wash your hands afterwards like in a park or boot of your car just as you’re leaving somewhere.

Plus I’m always slapping it on the boys as they pick up the grimmest shit covered stuff they can find when we’re out for a walk.
This makes good sense, but there's none to be had now for my online delivery. :cheerup:

I've always had to book Sainsbury's up a week in advance.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That is obviously right, but I kind of just meant you shouldn’t really be buying more than you need.