Feeding TMT

baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by baargain »

Waitrose was very civilised yesterday, similar to smal's sainsbury experience.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

God I love Yarg.

Sainsbury's has calmed down here - I got a delivery slot easily but I think you get priority (not over vulnerable people) if you have a delivery pass.

It seems quite difficult to get potatoes, for some reason.
smalex

Post by smalex »

There were loads of taters in my branch. It's strange how it varies so much.
viggy

Post by viggy »

My Dad was telling me our local Asda was really well organised, well spaced queues outside at 8am, you get hand sanitiser and a someone wipes your trolley down when you arrive, everyone was being sensible and everything was well stocked. He had no idea he was there in oldywonk hours though, that's just always when he goes to the supermarket.

I have a Tesco delivery arriving tomorrow morning, then a click and collect for a fortnight's time. Tesco emailed to ask people to go into stores to leave the new delivery slots for vulnerable customers.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

M went shopping for us and my niece today and came home with tubs of hummus that were reduced price, he said there were pots and pots of it on special. I guess this is what happens when people panic buy one week then don't shop the next.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

God I love Yarg.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

My delivery came. No wine (not substituted either :mad:), no beans, no chopped tomatoes, no kitchen spray, no spaghetti, no veggie mince, veggie burgers substituted for horrible vegan pulled pork burgers.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That looks excellent, Ella :ready:

My veg box was from Greens Produce. I need to get cooking.
Jet

Post by Jet »

I had an order scheduled for today but still minus multiple things we needed and the magically yesterday they seemed to get stock in - we aren't able to edit orders at the moment so I ended up scheduling another order for tomorrow which seems excessive but :shrug: Today was pasta and some dairy and tomorrow is fruit, veg and cereal.

Still no flour to be had....
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I got a very small bag of flour.

No wine (alcohol free or real), no paneer*, no kitchen cleaning spray, no milk, no butter, vegetable oil subbed for sunflower, no shower gel, part-baked wholemeal rolls subbed for sourdough, but everything else was there. We have bread, croissants and tea cakes :frolic:.

*Getting veggie protein things is proving more of a challenge than I thought. I wanted the paneer to make a curry, and I have never known it to sell out. I have chickpeas, but the Quorn and other veggie subs in my freezer is running out.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Do you have enough milk to make your own? We couldn’t get cottage cheese the other day so I said we’d just have to make it then, and S looked at me like I had two heads :)).
smalex

Post by smalex »

Thats annoying Morgs. I bought a tofu the other day because there was plenty in stock, I hope it didn't leave a bone fide veggie without.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I am surprised at the veggie and vegan stuff selling out here, but I think that’s largely due to most shops never stocking much of it in the first place. We have struggled for popular stuff like meat-free mince.

S went to Tesco today and got almost everything on the list, including a hand-soap, which was unusual!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve been unable to get tofu or their own brand frozen vegan mince from Tesco for weeks, which has affected meal planning. I did find some mince in Sainsburys but haven’t been out for a week so haven’t been able to hunt down tofu.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Same re the veggie stuff. Sausages have been fine as there are so many to choose from (so we've always had a reasonable sub) but veggie mince and things like quorn pieces, steak etc are nowhere to be found.
happyhighlandcoo

Also struggling for veggie stuff. We've been able to get Linda McCartney sausages and Plant Pioneers meatballs but no Quorn or mince which are staples for us.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I feel bad now. I'll steer clear of it until things settle down
happyhighlandcoo

I don't think you should feel bad, the meat aisle looked pretty empty to me too and I reckon lots of vegetarians are happy if a meat eater cuts back a bit, saves some animal lives! We're all just doing our best with food and there's still plenty for everyone, just less choice perhaps.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I think availability just varies so much, I was surprised when a few folk on here said they were struggling to get milk as it's been quite easy to get here. Pasta is impossible though.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

smalex wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm I feel bad now. I'll steer clear of it until things settle down
Help yourself to the tofu :ttth: :))

I'm a meat eater but prefer quorn mince and usually choose veggie sausages for health (waistline) reasons, so I'm in no position to judge. P isn't going to starve if he can't get those things; cheese, chickpeas, lentils etc are all in abundant supply. I think the veggie convenience foods are selling out quickly just as the meat ones are, but the supply chain definitely seems to be improving.