Re: Inconsequential CV stories

Post by Edith Bacon »

:lol: Lovely PixieVet.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Your vet is brilliant.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

That is brilliant!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

:lol:

I'm really frustrated. I had finally after actual years of trying to persuade him that he really needed a hearing aid, finally got J to make an appointment to get one. His appointment was today and obviously didn't happen. I'm going to have to put up with the deaf bastard booming at me and wrecking my hearing for another while yet. :cry:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh no Z :lol:

MrPG recently swapped to a liquid low cal sweetener for his hot drinks, so we have been amusing ourselves by yelling "Have you put my drops in?" :granny: I'm not sure if this is really a thing in the UK, but here old people seem to have "gouttes" to take quite a lot :))
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Pixie’s vet! :lol: :hbeat:
smalex

Post by smalex »

What is anyone doing about annual leave?* There doesn't seem much point taking much off. I think S might take the days we had in May booked but I can see a situation where he's got absolutely loads left in the final quarter of the year.

* Caveat:I'm aware we'll all be lucky to have jobs by the end of the year etc etc.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Apparently Mike Ashley is trying to keep Sports Direct open on the pretence of being essential!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I cancelled my days off in April and rebooked then in October as that’s when I’ll attempt to get to Glasgow again. I’m encouraging my team to take them off if they want, but also no problem with cancelling if the days were booked for a trip that’s not happening.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve got a week booked off in April for the second half of school holidays. I will have to keep that for childcare purposes even though I’ve cancelled our trip. I cancelled the leave I had at the end of this week though.

To be honest though, I was counting up my leave earlier today to see how much i could cover school closures (when they come) without having to juggle work and cabin fever kids.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, that's true Est. I guess a lot of people are going to be in that boat.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

We’ve been explicitly asked not to cancel any booked leave and move it to later in the year, to ensure we have enough coverage at all times when this is over.

I had three days booked off last week, I cancelled 1 but am glad I took the other two because I just wasn’t concentrating.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I will have a load when I go back to work but I think I will use what I can if there’s any point and anything else I will carry over/asked to be paid out on.

A has a week booked for our non-holiday in May which I’ve said he may as well cancel. We were holding onto going away in October instead but that could all be unlikely too really.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m taking annual leave right now because I want the break from work, but my leave year ends on April 30th and my employer is letting everybody carry over as much as they want automatically this time.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's good Ella.

We do all need a break from time to time, I just can't see S taking, say a week or a fortnight off at a time.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Here it's been more the odd unscrupulous employer trying to force their employees to use up leave when SI.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I think Waterstones were doing that, including telling staff that if they didn't have enough, it would come out of next year's leave. Before they were shamed into furloughing staff.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I have leave booked in the week before Easter (when it's also my birthday) and I'm going to take it. It will be nice to have a work break, although none of what was originally planned will happen.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I think J’s company has said to take leave if it is booked but no one has to book more and any unused leave will be rolled over the next year.

I got slightly but stupidly emotional this morning when I logged in to Candy Crush to find that King has given everyone 7 days of 24 hour infinite lives. I don’t normally get choked up at games :)) but this was such a massive and unusual thing for them to have done and it really hammered home the enormity of the situation.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

P has all this week booked off as leave and he's kept it. He does actually have to do a lot of calls etc and work when he's at home so there does seem to be a point, as it makes it much easier for me not having to do solo childcare even though we're not actually going on or holiday any more. I guess it might be different if I wasn't working and they were older though maybe.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.