The 'is this ok?' thread

Luce

Re: The 'is this ok?' thread

Post by Luce »

Technically that is the rules. I'm not sure if I'm able to speak to people across the road in case it looks like I'm deliberately meeting up with them. It's all going a bit Nazi Germany with people being reported (no idea if that really is happening, though)
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

But presumably you NEED to be at the Co-Op for essentials, otherwise you'd be at home, right? Meeting your friends is not essential.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Blimey. I won't be able to talk to my friend from the other side of her garden then. :cry:

Well neither's walking, Toast, but I had to walk past an awful lot of people yesterday, all of them closer than people who observe the common practice, which is why I am confused. Is it just to discourage people meeting up? I get the "don't meet up with your friends" thing, but I didn't realise you couldn't go anywhere near people you know.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Eldest needs to collect a chair from her room. And some other stuff over the weekend but she can’t come in and get it . We are going to leave it on the drive and give her a wave ;(

My lovely workmate has been telling me all day that she doesn’t feel great and has been taking flu and cold capsules . She’s just told me her chest now hurts so much it’s scary as it’s hard to breathe and she want to cry . It Sounds like she has it doesn’t it .
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

It does sound like it but she might also be having a panic attack as well :( can you calm her at all?
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

She will call for help if she really is finding it hard to breathe, won't she, Tracy?

Lily I think it's just the rules. Because if you say people can meet up to go for a walk together at 2m apart then people just forget or think it doesn't matter just for a short time and then the kids just play as normal etc. etc. Obviously if two adults walk around the park never getting closer to each other than 2m it's safer than going shopping.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

She has her husband at home . She is not a panicky person bless her . She has gone to rest now but I’ve left a msg telling her not to brave it out and phone for advice if she need it .
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm She will call for help if she really is finding it hard to breathe, won't she, Tracy?

Lily I think it's just the rules. Because if you say people can meet up to go for a walk together at 2m apart then people just forget or think it doesn't matter just for a short time and then the kids just play as normal etc. etc. Obviously if two adults walk around the park never getting closer to each other than 2m it's safer than going shopping.
Yes, that makes sense. A one-size-fits-all thing, which they have to apply. I understand that.

I hope your friend is OK, Tracy.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I phoned G. She is very confused by it all but from what I could gather, her friend P is helping her out with food and she is ok. She seems to get it that I can't come.and visit.

I said I would call her again soon to chat and would eventually be able to drop some things to her door if she needs anything.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I'm not sure which thread is best for this, but this is YouGov research into British attitudes to CV. It is interesting to see how many people are (a) flouting the rules, and (b) simultaneity saying that other people aren't taking it seriously enough.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I know it's a few pages back now, but thank you all for the reassurance that taking BM with me would be the right thing to do. That said, I now have new, fever and gastro symptoms, so I'm going nowhere any time soon.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, viggy, you poor thing. It's bad enough feeling like that at the best of times, but doing it alone with a sick child must be hideous.

It can't go on much longer now, though - you will turn the corner soon :hug:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm She will call for help if she really is finding it hard to breathe, won't she, Tracy?

Isn't it also that if you pass someone in the street or supermarket the contact will be fleeting, as opposed to intentionally being by the side of someone (albeit 2m apart) for a much longer period of time.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

viggy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm I know it's a few pages back now, but thank you all for the reassurance that taking BM with me would be the right thing to do. That said, I now have new, fever and gastro symptoms, so I'm going nowhere any time soon.
Of course you would need to take BM with you, rather than leave her home alone. There is not the facilities to properly support many people: lone parents, single people, people that don't use the internet, ill and disabled people etc etc etc. Everyone is trying to get by.
Malan
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Lola wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:33 pm
ParisGal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm
Lola wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 am If someone has had COVID & then recovers then they are not infectious any more are they?
Correct. Although given nobody normal knows if they've actually had COVID-19 or some other illness, I'm not sure how much that really means.
That’s true but if you’ve had the symptoms then it’s extremely likely to be cv.
Is it? I thought the same but then looking at the proportion of the total tests (which were presumably done with cause) that had positive results, I'm not so sure now.

I took Beebie to the shop on Sunday. You can't leave someone that age home alone.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Kenickie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Isn't it also that if you pass someone in the street or supermarket the contact will be fleeting, as opposed to intentionally being by the side of someone (albeit 2m apart) for a much longer period of time.
I also think it's about any interaction being a risk, so we all want as few interactions as possible.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I was never planning to leave her at home. The options were whether she came with me, or stayed with my parents or another single parent. Or her Dad and his flatmates I guess. Logically in theory it seems like my parents staying home 100% but occasionally looking after BM while I nip to the shops for all of us seems like the lowest risk for all of us, but that's technically households co-mingling.

Anyway. I have hunners of symptoms and am exhausted climbing the stairs never mind going to the co-op to wrestle for the last Warburtons, so it's all a moot point.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

No I know you weren't. But like you say, any alternative is more mingling.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:53 pm No I know you weren't. But like you say, any alternative is more mingling.
Aye, but surely my parents co-mingling with BM once a week is safer than the potential of breathing in loads of folk at the supermarket? Mind you, last night she suggested we play a game where we try and bite each others faces :mog: so maybe not :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

It's safer for her but not for your parents.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.