The 'is this ok?' thread

Toast
Delboy

Re: The 'is this ok?' thread

Post by Toast »

Also, this time of year is great for beaking in people’s windows isn’t it?!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I honestly thought you typed “breaking people’s windows in”, and thought JEE-SUS, Toast.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Me too :mog:

Toast, DUDE.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

:mog:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Toast, caught on CCTV:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I always had suspicions about that one :shifty:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s the quiet ones every time.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

:lol: Thank goodness for this place, giving me a laugh.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I thought exactly the same! :lol:
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

You lot :lol:
Skips

Post by Skips »

I also thought the same, and it took me to read Ella's post to realise that it wasn't. :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Poor thieving Toast being outed like that.

We were also walking from home and doing a loop of the neighbourhood (not anymore though). The walking trails and parks were heaving because of everyone driving to them but they’ve all been closed now.

Mr O and the boys ran a couple of loops of our tiny cul de sac this morning. It was around 8am and no one else was out (there rarely is) and I’m hoping that was ok even though we’re still isolating due to my cold.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's a good point about the walks. We've been staying local now and just walking around the village but the pavements here are narrow so it means you have to go on the road if you encounter someone else which isn't ideal. I did go off into a field for a bit though which was much better.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I just went for a walk around the streets in my immediate vicinity and to the local park and no, I'll be sticking to the beach in future. This is a city of narrow pavements and people who do not keep their distance. Much more room by the sea.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'd always prefer a beach!

I'm sorry, TC. That must have been quite a shock.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

We (me, Pete and Maggie) went on a long loop through some fields today which we don’t have to drive to. It was a nice walk. It’s fairly rural round here. We’re really missing going to our usual lovely places but if we’re trying to minimise the risk then we might as well do it properly. My friends have all taken this approach too. I keep trying to think of the environment getting a bit of a break though and that’s quite cheering.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: Tea Leaf Toast.

We went on a big walking loop from our house down some old tracks. We did see some other people - not many - but the minimum distance between us was 3 metres, I'd guess. Is that too close? Nowhere was heavy populated but the few times we passed other humans we would step right off the path to at least 3m away well before we even crossed them. Should we stay in? I'm getting well para after the event.
smalex

Post by smalex »

3m, very fleetingly (how long does it take to pass someone on a path, 1sec?), in the open air, is surely an incredibly low risk, Disco.

I think there are so many nuances to managing the risks going out for exercise poses, in some cases tromping streets will be safest, in some cases a short drive somewhere to get to somewhere quieter, in some cases, a stroll by the sea, etc . Just because it isn't the most miserable experience you can conceive of, doesn't mean it's intrinsically wrong.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I crossed the road to avoid walking past a woman today. I nearly shouted sorry but then I decided that would make it even weirder. I walked round the wee grave yard near the flat, it was deserted. There's another, bigger one a bit further up the road so I might try it tomorrow. The benefit of living on a busy road is that nobody wants to walk along it so it's been quiet around here. There seems to be a full bus service running I saw loads which were almost all empty.
Glint

Post by Glint »

We went out earlier and waited until a couple had come through the tunnel, and had a conversation across the street with someone we met.