The 'is this ok?' thread

Ella77

Re: The 'is this ok?' thread

Post by Ella77 »

I’m getting a bit concerned that people are confused about what is ok. The ‘going outside but staying 2m away from other people’ thing is for people who do NOT have symptoms and do NOT live with anybody who has symptoms.

If you have any symptoms, no matter how mild, do NOT go outside, not even at a distance of 2m from others. Nor should anybody who lives with you. This is really important.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I shared this on FB. This woman is unreal (and, I suspect, not unique): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2lApW ... Y2TGR-B8ls

Warning - do not listen to this if selfish, wilfully ignorant people raise your blood pressure. You'll get the general gist within 2 seconds of the start of the recording.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I don't know what to do about G.

I had to phone her on Monday to say I was ill and couldn't come and see her. I'm not sure what she is doing about food as her and her friend used to go to a cafe every day to eat but obviously they are all closed now. He does cook for her on Sunday's so I'm hoping they've worked something out.
Her Sister is in her 70s and diabetic and her husband has cancer so I doubt they are able to do much for her.

Can I still go and visit? She is 65 so not really in an at risk group but we're not really supposed to go into other people's houses are we. She will find it hard to understand and will still want me to make up her bed for her etc.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Are you feeling better Is?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

If you still have symptoms then you need to wait until you’re well.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Is, I wouldn’t risk it. You and your family shouldn’t be leaving the house at all.
Last edited by Ella77 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

emma_p wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:54 am If you still have symptoms then you need to wait until you’re well before seeing her.
I know but I mean when I am better. I feel better each day.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:56 am Is, I wouldn’t risk it.
As long as lockdown lasts you mean?
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I'd also caution that there seems to be a pattern of feeling better for a few days and then suddenly feeling a lot worse again, so wait until you're definitely well clear of it - before you go near anyone outside family, I mean.
Last edited by purple_dress on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Ismee wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:56 am
emma_p wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:54 am If you still have symptoms then you need to wait until you’re well before seeing her.
I know but I mean when I am better. I feel better each day.
Sorry if that sounded arsey. I didn't mean it like that.

I just mean if lockdown carries on for weeks and I am completely well. Should I still not go?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

You were unwell only a day or two ago, no? Don’t leave the house, dude.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m getting really worried about so many people thinking they’re an exception. This will run and run for months if we don’t all stay the fuck at home.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Gah! I am still not 100% and am not planning on leaving the house until I am well.

What I'm asking is do I tell her that I can't come until lockdown is over?
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:59 am I’m getting really worried about so many people thinking they’re an exception. This will run and run for months if we don’t all stay the fuck at home.
I really don't think I'm an exception. She is on her own and not really able to cook and I am just worried if she is coping ok and wondering if I'll be able to help her or not. When I am better.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think all you can do is play it by ear and maybe see if the council has any provision for helping her in the short term. It is good of you.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

How difficult will G find it to cope alone? If it's just making things a bit nicer for her then I don't think you should go into her house. You could go and talk to her through a window or at 2m away while outside maybe? Or leave shopping for her. You really shouldn't go into her house unless it's really important for practical reasons I think. If she is struggling to understand then it might be important for you to model the correct behaviour?
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Is, most local authorities have now set up something to match up vulnerable people to volunteers/ensure no-one is alone during self isolation. You could find yours and get them to look in on G?
Lola

Post by Lola »

If someone has had COVID & then recovers then they are not infectious any more are they?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It's realy not worth the risk until we know more about it. Is, there are lots of Facebook groups set up in local areas to help people just like G. I don't know where you live but do a search as there's bound to be one in your area.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I will phone and her and see how she is doing and then see if anything needs to be set up for her. I try not to be too involved because she would happily let me take over and do everything for her and so I've had to set up boundaries but at the same time she does find day to day life difficult.

Thanks all.