The 'is this ok?' thread

lazzbo

Re: The 'is this ok?' thread

Post by lazzbo »

Hola Is. I also have a lady who I visit, although she's much older, and I've told her that I can't come in her flat. I have to buy supplies for her, and I'm leaving that and a little note and waving through the glass, which is pretty heart-breaking, but I can't risk infecting her. She thinks that I'm worried about HER infecting me, but she's house-bound, so that's very much not the issue.

It's tough and I worry that the isolation will prove incredibly damaging to her mental health but I can't take the risk of passing on this virus (although I have no symptoms, bla bla bla).
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Is, this might be the perfect time (while you still have symptoms) to tell her that you can’t see her for a nonspecific while but here’s the number for her to call to sort out a volunteer as Bats said. If she gets that in place before you’re well enough to consider going out to her then I think it will help a lot.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Lola wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 am If someone has had COVID & then recovers then they are not infectious any more are they?
Correct. Although given nobody normal knows if they've actually had COVID-19 or some other illness, I'm not sure how much that really means.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

They're not enforcing the 'no driving to walk' thing here, but they've closed the council car parks at local beauty spots where people like to walk, in an effort to keep people away. People are just parking on the road instead, causing traffic issues. There was an interview with the head of the council on the radio this morning and the presenter was innundated with texts saying how inconvenient it was, that they always walked their dog there, that it was bad for their mental health not to be able to continue life as normal, etc. :blah: :blah: I don't think the 'stay at home' message is really getting through. The traffic is non-stop in our little Main Street, and yet most businesses are closed. It's nuts. I can't think where they're all going.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm
Lola wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:27 am If someone has had COVID & then recovers then they are not infectious any more are they?
Correct. Although given nobody normal knows if they've actually had COVID-19 or some other illness, I'm not sure how much that really means.
Exactly.

I know people have felt really, really unwell but until there is testing I would be wary of assuming you've had it!
Lola

Post by Lola »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm
That’s true but if you’ve had the symptoms then it’s extremely likely to be cv.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Excellent juxtapositioning!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Even if it was though, you don't want to risk catching something else and passing it on either.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Pretty much every day on the "Doctor answers your questions" segment on our news, someone writes in to ask if the 'flu jab means they're protected against covid19 :ella:
smalex

Post by smalex »

My FIL thought (initially) he'd be fine because he'd had the flu jab. S set him right, obviously. The bloody flu jab doesn't even protect you from all types of flu!
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

And the older you are, the less likely the the flu jab is to be effective, even if it is the right type of flu.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

How do people come up with these things? No one thinks the rubella jab protects them from chicken pox, do they?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My friends want me to join them (from a distance) for a walk but they're driving there and they suggested I follow in my car. I really want to, but we're not supposed to drive anywhere are we?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Nope
smalex

Post by smalex »

No. I think there is a fairly wide consensus on that (now).
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It would never have occurred to me before but then I saw all those posts on Facebook from the police saying "just walk from home". I am lucky to have a nice area to walk on my doorstep, but it must be bloody awful for people who don't.

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I don't think you're supposed to join anyone either, safe distance or not.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

What's the difference between walking a safe distance from a stranger when you have no choice and walking a safe distance from someone you know, though?

purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

You're not supposed to meet up with more than one person though!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Even if you're on opposite sides of the road to them? (Just using that as an example)

I natch want to get things right but am struggling to find the logic in this as I would be further away from my friends than I would the people I queue with at the Co Op.