Home Working Set Up

Derek Nimmo

Home Working Set Up

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Aka we love a photo thread.

So thanks to the life-saving nature of Argos and Amazon home delivery, I now have an ugly adjustable height bar stool - NB hips should higher than knees according to my osteopath - a keyboard and a wireless mouse to use with my laptop, and a screen at eye height.

(Would be nice to escape this mess without a slipped disc as working on the sofa was killing me, and my dining table was way too low. The beauty of it is that I can clear it all away at the end of the day.)

Show me yours?
Rebel Pebble

Re: Home Working Set Up

Post by Rebel Pebble »

That's a very neat set up!

Here, the home voice studio has been refined and will be constructed and in action tomorrow so I will get a pic.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I will show you tomorrow. I like your foot pouffe
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good idea with the foot rest.

I think I’ll be at the kitchen table tomorrow with the kids. Or I’ll be at the dining room table and let them have the kitchen. Undecided so far. It’s my first day though tomorrow.

The insight we’ve been getting into people’s lives has been utterly delicious for nosey buggers like me.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I look forward to pictures! And yes, the pouffe is just at the right height luckily. I can also move the chair away and use the set up like a standing desk - living the dream eh? :woteva:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

This is me. In daylight the windows are directly on to a budding tree outside which is visited by lots of great tit birds and crows. No red squirrels yet though.

I’ve had to rearrange my plants to stop the sun getting my eyes in the morning.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We'll be doing a deep clean tomorrow then setting up the dining table with a laptop at one end and a PC and two monitors at the other end - I also have a printer/scanner that will need setting up as well somewhere (I went into work today to pick things up)

I'll move everything as far to the end of the table at night so that we can still use it for eating. I'll put a photo up tomorrow.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We did this recently for Bats. Mine looks slightly different now as I brought my laptop riser home.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Yes,, but that was permanent stuff Wendy, this is makeshift and make do.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 pm Yes,, but that was permanent stuff Wendy, this is makeshift and make do.
*deletespost*
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Pip, your comment about enjoying noseying reminded me of this message my colleague sent to me the other day :))
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

This is mine! Although it’s not quite finished yet as I’ve got a monitor on order (arriving Thursday I hope) and I had to order a mouse today as I broke my (admittedly ancient) one. I got a fancy Surface mouse that’s sage green coloured :snooty:

The desk is a sit to stand thing on top of my dining table. It’s pretty basic but it lets me raise my laptop to eye level when I’m sitting, and I’ve got another Bluetooth keyboard that I’m just getting used to. I am half regretting not getting a desk model that has a pullout keyboard tray as I can tell it will be awkward when I’m standing, but they all seemed a lot bigger and heavier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I have one office which I share with a design engineer :lol: I do general admin and brief calls from here. I obviously bagged the window seat :)) my colleague's fiance dropped the docking station off for me after she grabbed it from work. The community centre I work in is shut and I couldn't get there before then!
IMG_20200325_061606.jpg
And this is my clinic room :lol: I need to speak to clients and supervisees with some level of confidentiality! (this was Saturday, I am in gardening clothes BTW)
IMG_20200321_123143.jpg
And this is my view! I'll have a camelia flowering soon, and the birds all hang out in that bush
IMG_20200321_123607.jpg
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

That view! That looks so lovely Baaa!
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I've never had such a good view at work :lol: the admin office view is also lovely, as its into my own garden :))
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

IMG_20200325_062524.jpg
That's the good bit about the apocalypse, I guess!
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

baargain wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 am I've never had such a good view at work :lol: the admin office view is also lovely, as its into my own garden :))
Snap. I'm enjoying having a view especially after spending the last week in a locked office with nobody else, no natural daylight etc. Then when people did need to see me they just didn't want to understand social distancing.
Just ordered a couple of office chairs as Mr Speedy could be working from home evenings and weekends as well as going into work during the week (NHS IT). We've already got a desk in the living room and there's one upstairs in the spare room.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

This is me. No view (I face a velux window) but it's a lovely bright room and I like having the separation of home and work, although I realise I'm lucky to have the space for this. As you can see, I'm currently sharing the space with one child and this will increase to three next week. We'll bring another desk in when that happens.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Some great spaces here. I'm setting up each day in the front room and then completely packing away. I've also decided to only do my freelance work early mornings so I can have space at home in the evening that is totally work free.

My bed is my stationery cupboard, but completely pit away at 4pm. Derek might recognise the yellow notebook in the corner.
Malan
Skips

Post by Skips »

I have gone for office bedroom as the front room is full of DIY stuff and it's also quieter at the back of the house (I can hear birds chirping :love2: