Home Working Set Up

SunnyMum

Re: Home Working Set Up

Post by SunnyMum »

I think I've already posted this, but this is my temporary WFH station. I'm in the olive oil storeroom. The only real problem with this set-up is the room is at 18°c max (oil conservation) which gets a bit cold when sitting at a desk all day. I have now decided to take regular "warm up" breaks.

The advantage is I can leave everything there when I'm done and just walk out and go into the house.
I'm 10 days in and 4 more weeks to go. I don't think I could bear the faff of clearing away everyday.

It's also the only feasible place for me because the living room aka "house" is occupied by SunnyDaughter#3 doing her studies remotely and SunnyDaughter#2 also studying in there. SD#2's BF is also lounging in there playing on his phone. Due to our temporary accomadation situation there are no bedrooms that we can use. SunnyDad and I sleep on a sofa bed in the "house" part, SunnyDaughter#3 sleeps in a portacabin in the barn and the loved up young adults are in a caravan in a field.

SunnyDad is out in the fields and happy as larry.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Marth wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:46 am Some great spaces here. I'm setting up each day in the front room and then completely packing away. I've also decided to only do my freelance work early mornings so I can have space at home in the evening that is totally work free.

My bed is my stationery cupboard, but completely pit away at 4pm. Derek might recognise the yellow notebook in the corner.
This reminds me that I will need to leave room for a cushion for our third home office worker :love:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I would love an 18 degree office ❤️ And with all those people about, I should imagine a bit of your own space is rather welcome SM!

Is that the left handed notebook Marth? Am amazed its still going :zirk:

Oh yes, views. I'm a very, very lucky bugger on that score.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

That’s lovely Derek!

Here is mine. I’m (very) lucky to have my own study.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brass Neck

Post by Brass Neck »

8C27867F-9600-4CD3-AAB2-C2E3DA5BD195.jpeg
This is mine. I cry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nail varnish mule
Beena

Post by Beena »

Brasso, do you need a headset? I can post one to you (or drop one off when we next venture out to the supermarket). They're brand new and boxed. It'll make recording lectures easier.

I stole my office set-up. Including chair. I'll deal with any repercussions when we're back in.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We have radio 2 on and are in the dining room. C has commandeered the study with the actual desk. Chunk can’t settle at all.

I decided I’d rather keep the kitchen for food though I’d normally work in there if I was in my own.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 am I would love an 18 degree office ❤️ And with all those people about, I should imagine a bit of your own space is rather welcome SM!

Is that the left handed notebook Marth? Am amazed its still going :zirk:

Oh yes, views. I'm a very, very lucky bugger on that score.
It is Del! The last one of the pack :love:

Bramble, that cushion is the only way to stop Mo bugging me when I'm WFH.

The internet dropping in and out is making my work difficult. I've just seen this, and have got my FM and dab radios out.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52027348
Malan
Brass Neck

Post by Brass Neck »

Aw thanks Beena! There’s one up in the attic actually, Beardy’s, so I will get it tonight 👍
Nail varnish mule
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Baa and Del's views. 😍 I love noseying at everyone's set ups.

Here we have Home Studio Mark II. In my coat cupboard. There is a nice view out the window in the background but minimising noise from outside is the priority. Birds, not traffic. 😁

Setting up
IMG_20200325_093425.jpg

Complete
IMG_20200325_095718.jpg
IMG_20200325_095809.jpg
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m slightly cross at the number of Turtle menfolk commandeering the only study. It’s ok in the short term, but I think it does give the impression that their work is more important and not to be disturbed (which also means that hey, maybe you can keep the kids with you since you have the big table).

ANYWAY, I usually work in the study or at the dining table, depending. Last week S and I switched between the two more or less. The view is better at the dining table, but the desk is more comfortable.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I work better with stuff going on around me so I don’t really mind too much. I’m currently pretending chunk is just another dickhead medical student library user. ;)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

:clap: Rebs, highly ingenious!
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

The view out of my window in the daylight. Nothing spectacular but there are kids of birds. I’ll have to see if I can rig up my bird feeing tray on to the rails
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I do think it's a good idea, where possible, to keep the work space away from "home" space.
I'm lucky that's SunnyDad's office is outside so no commandeering here :)
rosy

Post by rosy »

I love all these ingenious ideas / insights into your lives!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Chicky I just love your wall. I permanently work from home and it's given me inspiration. Currently I have my "happy notice board" and a few pictures on the wall behind me.
Last edited by Wiggle on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I love my wall too :) I have been adding to it for about 10 years now. I like your comfy sofa, I think I need one of those.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I love seeing where everyone is working. The home studio is brilliant. And I have view envy of Derek but I'm lucky to have a proper office myself.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Oh, Heebs, I'm jealous of your chair!