Home Working Set Up

Estrella

Re: Home Working Set Up

Post by Estrella »

The Australian Tax Office introduced a “short cut” way to claim WFH rather than the full receipts and bills method which I used. You claimed 0.80c for every hour worked at home which was pretty good, but it was a short term method and next tax year I’ll have to do it “properly”.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I am going to be working from home permanently so we are rejigging things around in the living room. Getting rid of the kids toy storage corner, relocating the toys to new bookshelves which have more hidden storage (current shelves are all open so would look cluttered) but most excitingly, I have ordered a beautiful desk off Etsy. They are all made to order. Mine is going to be rosewood with the hairpin legs and monitor shelf. Like the one below but a slightly different finish. I just need an office chair now - I am thinking of getting a velvet one in a jewel shade but it needs to be ergonomic. :puzz:

I also got this cool lamp from Ikea which has a wireless phone charger on the base.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I love that desk!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Gorgeous desk!

My spare room > study / spare room is now complete as my day bed (with wooden legs a totally different colour to what's on the website :lg:) finally arrived today.

The legs on the desk tuck away and the whole thing swings more or less flat against the wall should I have guests for more than one night which should make life more pleasant all round.

However I'm a moron as I measured the height of my desk at work very carefully to replicate it but didn't check the height of my chair vrs my office chair and it turns out I bought something a fair bit lower :)) A couple of cushions will do til I can steel myself for letting the handyman in again so he can adjust it. All in all much better than a laptop on the sofa.

(Oh, and the thing on the wall is a temporary stop gap so that I've got something, anything behind me in video meetings. I need to spend £££s on getting various photos framed.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Does it swing up or down? It's a very good set up. We caved and ordered another desk unit like mine for Gannet. It should be delivered next week or the week after, who knows with Wayfair :shrug:

I'll need to relocate a small bookcase but that will be easily done.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Thank you! It swings down towards the wall. Allegedly. The handyman told me it's really heavy and ideally needs two people so I haven't had a crack at it yet.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

That looks great, Derek! I like your chair as well.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Your new set up looks ideal, Del.

That’s a lovely desk Dands.

I’ve also moved. We had a “spare” desk after moving things around for Chunk’s and I’ve moved it into the conservatory so I get natural light all day long and I don’t feel so makeshift at the dining table. The third screen is just a TV.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That looks like a good place to work. Lovely when it's all cold and rainy outside and warm inside.
Malan
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That's a great space! Hopefully the daylight will make a world of difference.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's such a nice work space!
rosy

Post by rosy »

That looks great!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Oh your set ups look great. I spent the first lockdown in the oil cellar and was not happy. However, compared to this time where I'm at the table and having to clear away for every meal and nothing is the right height, I'm feeling nostalgic.
My neck and shoulders ache.
I'm going to have to buy a keyboard I can plug in and prop the laptop up higher.