Home Working Set Up

Heebie Jeebie

Re: Home Working Set Up

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

That's a great laptop stand (and lamp).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Thank you! My flipping husband has copied me :lg:.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Matching laptop stands :love2:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

His is black, because the white one was limited edition, so hah! to him :)).
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just ordered a laptop stand too. I realised the kids won’t be homeschooling for the next month and the table needed a clean so I’ve swapped ends of the dining table and ordered this. It’ll mean I can use my recipe books again. :))
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Work are sending me a chair today. I don't really want one because they are unattractive, but I do need one.
Malan
Skips

Post by Skips »

My work provided chair is terrible looking but it's made such a difference to my back.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

The one I bought is awful looking, black pleather but it's so much better than a dining chair. We are going to change where we work in the house - we are currently at opposite ends of the dining table, using said chairs. We have bought monitors, risers, key boards and mouses, but at the moment (and for the last 5 months obviously) J has had to set these all up every morning, and put it all away again every evening. So we are planning to buy a couple of desks and use the 2 spare bedrooms, to have an office each. That way, we can leave everything set up and leave the rooms behind plus when the building work starts for the extension, we won't be able to work in the dining room anyway.

We are really lucky to have as much space as we have, plus the money to buy all this kit ( I think all in, it will be around £500 each) which is one of my bugbears when people at work are pushing for everyone to move to WFH - they don't seem to have grasped that this is not an option for everyone. To date, all my employers have offered people is a keyboard, mouse and USB connector although that may change as they are doing work station assessments.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

All I have from work is the laptop and a chair on loan, so I know what you mean Sal. We’ve talked about getting a second desk for the study, but C is so LOUD and BOOMING that I would surely kill him.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I really need somewhere for Gannet to work. He's not comfortable at the dining table. I'm going to look for a unit like mine for him

I could do with a proper chair but I don't have the room for one.

I do feel better having sorted my desk out as I just shut it up at the end of the day.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:41 pm All I have from work is the laptop and a chair on loan, so I know what you mean Sal. We’ve talked about getting a second desk for the study, but C is so LOUD and BOOMING that I would surely kill him.
This is part of the reason we are having 2 different rooms (which we are lucky enough to have). We can only really fit one desk in each room anyway, one room is too small for more than one desk, the other one has the spare bed but it's a happy coincidence as J is also BOOMING and it drives me mad!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I don’t have room for another desk chair, but I could do with one too. My standing desk riser has finally arrived, and it’s a HEAVY fucker but very good.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I can literally hear every word he’s saying right now, he’s in the room directly overhead from me.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I worked with my friend J when we were staying in Bangkok. He was the most hideous person to work with - his business was going badly so I kept being startled by him angrily swearing. :ella:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:17 pm I can literally hear every word he’s saying right now, he’s in the room directly overhead from me.
Prick (him). Mine does a bit of loud typing but it's nothing like BOOMING (which I classify as a performative male trait :ella: ).
Skips

Post by Skips »

J often comments on things I say on work calls (afterwards, he doesn't heckle from the sidelines). I think I'm the BOOMER here. :look:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Oh my GOD. Partner SHOUTS when he's on the phone. :bite: I think, because he wears headphones and all his work calls are via Skype? Anyway. It's so annoying. I would give my right tit for a spare bedroom/office.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I don't know how you've lasted in the same room for all this time already Sal! Two offices sounds ideal.

Unfortunately I can't get my wall bed idea to work for various reasons, so the spare bed has to go (Sorry future guests!) and I'm getting a desk built in to where it used to go and getting this or this instead. Should be much quicker to get done, so I'll be all sorted in time for the next lockdown :woteva:
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I shout when I'm on the phone but I do mainly phone old people who wouldn't hear me otherwise. I like having the room to myself for this reason - it makes me very self conscious. Our home working set up is that one of us works in the bedroom, the other in the kitchen - whoever has meetings gets the bedroom because it's quieter.

The desk in the bedroom is an ancient folding school desk I've had since I was a kid. It's got a groove for pencils and an inkwell in it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Penny Century wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:01 pm The desk in the bedroom is an ancient folding school desk I've had since I was a kid. It's got a groove for pencils and an inkwell in it.
I love those!