Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Re: Let's do 'Days' again

Post by Leap »

Agreed!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:16 am The boy next door was 21 yesterday. He had socially distanced champagne with his middle aged neighbours instead of being away at uni. I felt sorry for him.
Yeah, Monk turned 16 amidst all this.

I was watching that Simon Pegg film World's End, I think it's called, yesterday. It is based around an event that happened on the characters' last day of school which happened to be mine too, in 1990, the music was all from that time, so very nostalgic, and at one point I had to have a little weep for Monk because a character was talking about it being the best times of their lives. And it was for a lot of us. Finished our exams, long hot summer, freedom, fun, hanging out with friends, a bright future. And Monk doesn't even know he's missed out on all of that.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That is sad, Disco. I hope Monk still had a nice day.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thanks Rosa. He did thankfully with his dad and that side of family - it was mid March - but I had promised to take him out and we had plans for in the week to see family and friends etc and they couldn't go ahead. He didn't even know the Friday before was his last day at school because I took him out early and made the decision that weekend.

But! we're alive.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I hope it's not too long before you can take him out for a delayed celebration. I do feel for the young, even though their (and your) safety is the most important thing.