Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

cluefree

Re: Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

Post by cluefree »

Look at all that snow!
smalex

Post by smalex »

I know, I love a snow day, but In the current circumstances I'm loving the warm weather and garden more!
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Is A super excited?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Snow! That would be amazing.

We have a work pub quiz this evening.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Snow!

I am in the office today for month end. I have been super productive but I woke up really early and I'm worried I'll slump. I can't even get out for a walk at lunchtime to break the day up (I do my exercise early in the morning with Lucy).
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I have work, Lazz! And also don't own skis.

A just came back frolm building snowmen with her dad and burst into tears. I think she's finding things all a bit too strange, the poor mite.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Can't you tell them your internet's frozen (badum tishhhhhh)?

Poor A, it's such a lot to deal with for adults, let alone little ones.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Snow! Poor A though.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Aw, A.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Poor wee A.

My curtain-twitching is out of control, I've spent 10 minutes watching a food delivery truck being unloaded to see where the good were going. :lol:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Poor A. It is discombobulating for the little ones.

We've nominated Thursdays as cleaning day but all lost momentum half way through. The kids sloped off to do their school work instead :lol: I've had TD's annual paediatric review via a phonecall, which was lucky as I'm not dressed yet :look:
Princess Morripov wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 am I’m good (?) news, A’s workplace is closing from the end of todays late shift until after Easter, which I think is the right thing to do. They are bringing the August shut down forward (so making them use their holidays) but I suspect they’ll have to rethink that at some point as it’s possibly not fair? I’ve lost track of what is and isn’t reasonable at this point :lol:
They've blocked everyone from cancelling leave already booked, so I doubt there will be a climb down on this. I understand they can't have the entire workforce using their entire A/L allowance in the last 6 months (or less) of the year but it sucks. It also means people who have to change travel (if they can't get a refund) are going to be stuck as they won't be able to ge the time off work for the rescheduled dates. I recognise it's not the most important thing in the grand scheme, but we're all going to need to be able to decompress after this.
Little My

Post by Little My »

It would also be nice to have something to look forward to, Lora. Yet another thing that can't be planned for.

We started the week with snow, but it's gone now, and sunny. I think I will spend an hour on garden clean-up with the kids later.

The plumber is coming out today, for the third (and hopefully final!!) time this week. We *almost* have a functioning kitchen. I bet all the neighbours are judging us for vans still showing up at our house but it has literally been 3 months with no kitchen and we were so close to being done.. It feels like essential work. We have postponed the painters though, who were halfway through the project and a few odds and ends won't get done until social isolation is relaxed. So this will be the last thing for now - we just need the oven range installed.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Look at all that snow! Although I hope we don’t get that here, I’m appreciating being able to send A2 and V into the garden to burn off their energy.

I feel quite gloomy with work right now, and my poor manager is stuck in another country without internet, so I can’t even raise my workload with her.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I have a further public announcement: clocks go forward this weekend.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Best day of the year! Wait.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Can they go forward 3 weeks please.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Good - my self-isolating down by an hour! Mr Speedy seems like he might have it but at the moment he's just coughing.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Our clocks went forward a couple of weeks ago. I don't recommend it, stay where you are.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Afternoon. Lovely snow, Zoomer, but I’m sorry A is finding it all a bit much.

I’m unwell but not with covid-19 so I’m not worried, just a bit fed up. It’s a beautiful day here and I’d rather be in the garden than in bed.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Look at that snow! Was it forecasted? Poor little A, though :cry:

I've managed to get logged into work and have done a bit this morning. We are now furloughing our team instead of short-timing them so that they can get their 80% pay. I feel a bit better about this but it will probably mean I will have to do a bit more work as there will only be the contractors working. I don't mind as I'd go out of my mind if I had nothing to do.

I'm finished for the day now and it wasn't too bad sharing the space :)) I have had to move my monitors though as the glare from the window was a bit much.
Work at home team.jpeg
I did a short indoor workout this morning but will head out for a run later - Gannet is going out on his bike.

The road we live on isn't a main road but is a cut through from one main road to another and I'm surprised at how busy it still is, I'd have thought it would be a lot quieter.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.