Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

Shoe

Re: Public Announcement: It is Thursday.

Post by Shoe »

We've just found out that Scott's gran was taken to hospital by ambulance this morning. She's been struggling with a UTI and the antibiotics didn't help which meant she went full-on delusional. When S's mum eventually got through to 111 they said she had to be taken into hospital despite the risks. No visits though, and probably very little news being passed back as I imagine the ward will be busy and not want to be taking calls all the time.

When I told my brother he said his elderly neighbour was also taken away by ambulance this morning.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Oh Shoe :hug:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Oh Shoe that’s worrying. I hope she’s ok.

I’ve had another day of meetings, I’m exhausted. At 5pm I am meeting some work colleagues online for wine so I just need to make it through another hour.

Mr C has just taken Eldest out cycling. Considering he’s recovering from glandular fever and still not 100% I think this is ridiculous but there you go.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh no :( Shoe :hug:
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry, Shoe. What a worry!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hope she's ok, shoe.

I love Tilly's desk cushion.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I'm sorry, shoe. I hope she's OK.

As I'm still not 100% and am resting, and my husband had a work call, we let them out in the garden on their own for a while. They 'made a pond' by digging a hole in the lawn and filling it with water, making a massive muddy mess everywhere. Youngest then pulled half the clean washing off the line and ran through the house with his extremely muddy shoes on :ruby:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Thanks guys. She'll never survive the virus if she gets it so here's hoping they can get her in, sorted and then back out before she picks anything up. :fc:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Oh no, shoe! And Purp!

I’m tired out from parenting my children (who have actually been pretty amazing this week) and parenting my parents (who should know better).
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

:fc: she’s ok and home quickly, shoe.

Purple :twitch: I’d go mental about that. The extra cleaning and tidying is driving me mad, on top of everything else.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

olive wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 pm :fc: she’s ok and home quickly, shoe.

Purple :twitch: I’d go mental about that. The extra cleaning and tidying is driving me mad, on top of everything else.
And the feeding. Don’t forget the extra feeding!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope S’s gran gets out quickly.

Oh no, Purp!

My BIL got laid off today and was also asking via WhatsApp if anyone knows how to get his alcoholic brother sectioned, so he’s having a great day. Life is just too much.

I hit the wall at 3:30 today. I couldn’t cope with colleagues being mard arses a second longer.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Oh your poor BIL, Pip.

I/we did go mental, especially about the washing. He went in timeout and then had to help clean the floor. I think with the 'pond' he genuinely thought it was fine as they do stuff like that at nursery in the muddy play area.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Your poor, BIL, Pip. Everything is just so much worst isn’t it?
Cerise wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Yes! And the incessant yapping. T was headed out to the garden and was talking me, but he kept talking and talking despite the fact he was outside by now kicking a ball around and I was in the kitchen screeching ‘I can’t hear you’ through the glass.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Shoe, I hope she's ok and gets out quickly.

Your poor BiL, Pip. It's really too much. What are your colleagues being mardy about?

I went from a meeting listening to my team moan about chocolate and wine missing from their online shops, straight into another that made me very glad we haven't committed to a mortgage yet :(

The speed at which life has gone from normal to a bloody mess is terrifying.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Well, this puts it all into perspective:

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1 ... 70721?s=21

“What if I need to return a blouse?”
“all my friends are saying you know, this is not a priority, people are dying and i realize that, but they can't get their nails done"

:ruby:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

There are some truly cretinous people out there.

J has a newish girlfriend, and they have had to accept that they can't see one another for the duration. I feel for him. He lives in a 1 bed flat, so it would probably be madness for her to move in at this stage. I don't know her living arrangements (we haven't met her yet, as it's all pretty new, but it's starting to get serious). She works in retail, so is a key worker and going out every day, and J is now working from home. There is really no way that they can be together, but it's such hard luck. They are Skyping and are going to somehow watch a film together later, but I'm sure there are things they would rather be doing.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Cerise wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm

It's relentless. Every break I have is spent coming downstairs to make food and do dishes.

Beebie is off to his dad's tonight so I have cleaned the house and am enjoying the quiet and a glass of wine. Dinner is a baked potato and chicken marinated in rose harissa :ready:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

There are some truly cretinous people out there.

J has a newish girlfriend, and they have had to accept that they can't see one another for the duration. I feel for him. He lives in a 1 bed flat, so it would probably be madness for her to move in at this stage. I don't know her living arrangements (we haven't met her yet, as it's all pretty new, but it's starting to get serious). She works in retail, so is a key worker and going out every day, and J is now working from home. There is really no way that they can be together, but it's such hard luck. They are Skyping and are going to somehow watch a film together later, but I'm sure there are things they would rather be doing.

Oh, Shoe. What a worry. I hope she gets out soon.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I meant to say I really hope S's gran will be OK Shoe. Having someone in hospital feels so risky right now but they will be taking every precaution.