Oh Yes, it is Friday.

Beena

Re: Oh Yes, it is Friday.

Post by Beena »

Morning!

I was hoping to get away with working in my pjs til lunch, but my bloody LM texted at 7am to arrange an all managers Friday breakfast at 8.30. :lg: Who does that?

Hope everyone has brighter days today.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Tell her you always have breakfast in bed on Fridays, Beena, and then skype in your PJs.

Morning! Our lovely snow has turned to slush. :cry: However, I am actually leaving the compound today, as I have to go in to the nearest big village to get mine and my neighbours weekly shops. Other people! :frolic: I have added a load of crap to our shop as I was fed up of being sensible and it's A's birthday tomorrow, so that was a good excuse.

Then work and child wrangling for the rest of the day. Possibly some wine this evening as I supervise J putting A's new bike together.

have as good a day as possible, Turtles!
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Another one looking forward to the weekend here. I’m quite looking forward to some quiet time.

It’s my workmates virtual hen night tonight which should actually be quite fun , then I’m looking forward to a weekend stuck at home . If it wasn’t for the fact that people are ill and dying , and that I can’t go and see my mum, I would be ok with this self isolation.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I would not want to see others eating on camera, thanks :ttth:.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Morning all

I realised in the early hours that I’m not going to be able to have my op next month. I’m sure it’ll get cancelled anyway which is fair enough but I’m going to call the hospital today and cancel it myself. I won’t be able to drive myself there or back, and won’t have anyone to look after me when I get home. J was going to come over and help / stay but that’s not possible now. Shit.

Still. Friday and the sun’s out. Could be worse... (trying to find a positive!)
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’ll skip the joint breakfast too thanks.

I’ve woken with a stress headache. Today is my day off so I’m going to try and facilitate a form of learning and tidy the house.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:16 am I would not want to see others eating on camera, thanks :ttth:.
I was musing about arranging an informal catch up with the team over lunch then IMMEDIATELY realized that would not work and told them all to arrange a coffee break amongst themselves instead. :lol:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

EAT FIRST, man alive :)).
Margo

Post by Margo »

We have a team cocktail party (team meeting) this afternoon :)

I just got a call from the hospital to say my op is postponed. I got very emotional, told the lady who’d called that I think they’re all doing a great job and to stay safe, then cried. I haven’t cried about this (cv situation) before now... it’s shit and I hate it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry about your op, Margo. And for everything that everybody’s had cancelled or postponed with all of this.

It’s all feeling a bit bleak here today and I’m not sure how to shake it off.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I don’t think we always can shake it off, rosy. These are bleak times; our responses to that are legitimate and need to be acknowledged. I hope it passes soon :hug:

Morning. I’ve been hiding myself away for a few days and some of my friends seem to have staged an intervention about that. So today I will be mostly reassuring people that I am OK. Also, the skipping ropes I ordered last weekend have arrived so I will also be trying to remember how to do that. Expect complaints from me later.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I decided to try Tesco before work for some bits of shop I h I need but the queue to get in was about 30 trolleys long. I was surprised at the amount of people in masks putting their shopping away and some wearing them as they were driving in , some pretty heavy duty looking ones too.

I popped into B&m and managed to source some. Anti bacterial hand wash (the guys replenishing the shelves were wearing masks too, but bit the checkout staff. Things have changed a lot in just a matter of days .

Eldest drove her hour commute to work today only to find the rest of her team have all called in sick and she was told to go home . They are NHS but not front line and have been asking if they can work from home all week. It just doesn’t make sense for them to have gone in.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hope they can WFH from now on, Tracy.

Good luck with that, Edith!I had to use a skipping rope in a circuits class a while back and just had to give up as I was so uncoordinated. It was really embarrassing. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Good morning!

Virtual :hug: or awkward pat on the shoulder to all those who need them this morning. Poor L has been in tears a few times this morning (over things like trying to get her tights on :cry: :emme: ), so I think it’s all getting to her a bit. Lots of hugs have helped, and we’re going to take a walk this afternoon to see if we can see any rainbow pictures on windows and to sing happy birthday outside her friend’s house :mrgreen: so I’m hoping that’ll cheer her up.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Kenickie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 am I hope they can WFH from now on, Tracy.

Good luck with that, Edith!I had to use a skipping rope in a circuits class a while back and just had to give up as I was so uncoordinated. It was really embarrassing. :lol:
I’ve found a patch of garden that isn’t overlooked and I will be sticking to it like glue :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. The usual here although A is currently on zoom with some of his class so it’s a bit louder than it has been. At least he’s quite cheery now.

I have a slight hangover after last night’s online pub quiz (I blame MrTex) which is putting a slight dent in my Friday joy.
Margo

Post by Margo »

We just had a team call and decided to have a cocktail party... on with the posh frock, pearls, fur and tiara 🥂

(Will edit shortly!)
Last edited by Margo on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Looking good Margo!

Everyone else in my house is in bed asleep, including the cat. I am bored and lonely. :mog:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Love it, Margo!
Margo

Post by Margo »

It really was exactly what we needed! We’ve had a rough week responding to CV and what we need to do as a business to keep going (surveying) and a little light relief was fab... as was drinking gin at 3.30 😎