Saturday is here

Heebie Jeebie

Saturday is here

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

It's windy and rainy here and I've just finished a cup of tea in bed :love: I'll need to get up so i can get to the shop before key worker hour, as Beebie will be home this morning. Then I think we'll wrap up and go and look for puddles to jump in. What's everyone else up to? Any nice food plans?
wendy james

Re: Saturday is here

Post by wendy james »

Morning!

I got up early to watch A Streetcar Named Desire but children appeared. They then clicked on a dodgy link a cousin sent them in WhatsApp so I had to message all the contacts saying to ignore it, run malware scans, etc. :ella:

We’ve had breakfast and watched the ISS camera feed for a bit. We are about to head out and see if the local public outdoor tennis court is free. P will join us when he’s out of bloody bed and dressed, I trust. :ella:

There’s a lemon polenta cake with blackberries in my future. :ready:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Morning. Still sunny and breezy here. I'm meeting my friend for a picnic blanket socially distant coffee this morning and I'm very excited about it.

Not sure what the food plans are apart from sourdough about to go in the oven. Oh and J wants to make the Japanese milk bread, Shokupan.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Morning!

I'm going to attempt my local market, they've got a one way system etc in place, so we'll see what kind of chaos is there! Augh.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

purple_dress wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:01 am Morning. Still sunny and breezy here. I'm meeting my friend for a picnic blanket socially distant coffee this morning and I'm very excited about it.
This was the absolute highlight of my weekend last week!

A very blustery day here today. I (we) need to fight the tide of crap and mess in the house.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Its windy here too. But of course, we're doing more gardening. The lads are going to demolish the old deck. Later I'm make bao buns and char sui pork because Viggy inspired me to last weekend, and its film night.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

It's bright and blustery here. I'm going to go for a run then we have a bit of shopping to do and some cleaning.

Lamb kebabs, mujadara, flatbreads and salad for dinner later.

It should have been my son's wedding today so I'm a bit sad, still 6 more months isn't long to wait and there's worse things that have happened.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sucks, bramble. I’m sorry.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Sorry, bramble :(
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh Bramble! I'm sorry. Are they ok? It must be so strange.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Thanks. They seem to be fine. It's just a very different weekend to what it should have been.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh brambs, I’m sorry.

Morning. It is grey but not raining here yet. I have taken my bed apart to clean all around it and underneath and the battery ran flat on my Dyson (I know, I know...) so I’m waiting for it to recharge.

Later on today I’m going out for a facial- since all beauty treatment places have now reopened here- I cannot wait.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ah, sorry Bramble. I hope they’re feeling ok.

It’s sunny here, but not as hot as it has been, which is good as I’d like to get my run over with early.

The rest of the day will involve a SD visit to my mum (we saw her for the first time last week), and clearing up the garden - we had a new fence put in yesterday and there are thousands of pyrocantha thorns in the lawn. I’m not sure when the dogs will be able to go back out there :cry:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm sorry Bramble.

I like the sound of bao buns.

Shopping is coming later. They've substituted my barbecue charcoal (needed as last time I ordered some I got a teeny tiny packet) for firelogs which can't be used on barbecues. :verm:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’m sorry Bramble. I guess it would make it easier if the weather was crap too.

I’m doing homemade cheeky Nando’s for tea with all the sides.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Morning all

I'm sorry Brambs, that's rubbish.

Some lovely sounding dinner plans! I bought some Jus-Roll pain au chocolat and cinnamon swirl dough and stuck them in the oven so we had a nice breakfast this morning.

We are going out on the bikes today and might see if the tennis courts in the park are free too.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Aw, Bramble, thats tough.

I'm still in bed but about to get up shortly. J has gone out to collect a prescription and when he gets back, he is making us a cooked breakfast. Then I'll do some housework and maybe try to get out for a walk. Its really windy here today though and raining too.

Skype call later with my folks.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, we are still lounging in bed. The weather sounds brutal, so isn't encouraging us to move.

I could do with a bit of Wendy's cake :ready:

Bramble, that's tough for you all, I hope you can have a nice meal and fizz to mark the occasion anyway.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Sorry, bramble. Hope you have some treats planned.

We’re heading out for a walk and geocache. I have found a loop of caches that haven’t been touched for two months so we’ve done a risk assessment and going for it.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I'm sorry to hear that, Brambs.

It's very windy here also. We will try and do some gardening between showers. E is making pasta with smoked bacon for dinner and I can't wait. I've had cold, leftover sausages for breakfast. They are my favourite. Unfortunately my children love them too so I had to share.