Parma Friday

rosy

Re: Parma Friday

Post by rosy »

Morning. It’s considerably cooler here but the storms aren’t due until lunchtime according to the BBC.

Hurrah for your curtains, Digs!

I hope Chunk is OK, Pip.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Morning. Inset day here too. Sb2 is with his dad and the bloke and I have just arrived down south to bubble at his for the weekend. We might go to a beach but a deserted pebbly one to walk along, not Bournemouth or Brighton main beaches!

We popped to M&S to pick up and order and bought a meal deal for later.

I like Parma Violets.
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds nice Marth.

Chunk is fine thanks Rosy. Slightly shaken but not enough to stop thundering down the stairs trying to play Fortnite as he goes. Actually he’s breaking it up more & has built me a house in Minecraft.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:40 am Morning.

No storms here, it’s hot and sticky.

I’ve just been wrenched from a particularly convoluted & vivid dream by Chunk screaming as he fell down the stairs for the second time in three days. He’s fine after a cuddle, but I’m a bit overwrought now. I’ve brought a coffee back to bed.
Sorry, Pip, I missed this. Poor Chunk. He needs Thora's helmet.
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

indigo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 am Parma violets are revolting. As bad as cherry lips.

Morning, all! I just put my new curtains up. Thanks Lora for collecting them for me. :love:
I'd have thought you'd love cherry lips, you massive deviant. I bought P a selection box of Swizzels for our anniversary :grownup:

Morning. I'm glad Chunk is ok; definitely strap a colander to him.
Blondiejude wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 am More home schooling today, although we finish early fridays (my new rule)
I challenge Bert and TD to get their work done in 4 days so they can have Fridays off; it's working well so far, although Bert has her topic presentation to finish today. It's on Dia de lost Meurtos though, which fascinates her, so she's quite happy.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

emma_p wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:21 am It stormed here at about 4:30 - we ran upstairs to close the velux windows in the loft and saw the most amazing sunrise :love:
Just rain here, but I also saw the sunrise :love2:

My 1st year (secondary school) French teacher used to give parma violets as a prize for his silly quizzes. No one wanted to win :))

Today I am doing yet more endless writing but a local restaurant is sending me some free food :weewee:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

It is not raining here yet but it has gone overcast with thunder expected later.

Free food nine! What are you getting?

I have a horrible work thing this afternoon, I have to write a job application for a job I don't want and have just heard from our solicitor that there may be more house delay so today can do one.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Chicky wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 am Free food nine! What are you getting?
They are surprising me :weewee:
Glint

Post by Glint »

I hope it's good free food!

Morning, S last day of homeschooling, but he's been doing very little this week. He's on a teams video call with his teacher and some classmates and then we will head down to school just before lunch for a SD wave off as the HT is moving on.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Morning. Free food is the best!

I hope Chunk is ok.

I got the result of my college exam this morning and I passed so I'm very relieved.

Today will be spent hanging trellis in the garden and then something unhealthy for dinner.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Well done, Jupes!
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Glad Chunk is ok.

School finished here on Wednesday, so all pretence of homeschooling has ended :frolic:

My house is half-painted as it's chucking down again today :verm:

I'm on a Zoom writing group until 3ish, then will be going to M&S to pick up a clothes order, and probably buy some delicious food. The boys are going to J on Sunday, so I don't need a full shop.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I hope you have something nice planned for when the boys are away, smunder. Gro are doing takeaways...

I am going to be fun mum and get S to try on clothes to see what fits and what new uniform he needs :lol:

Well done, Jupes.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Well done Jupes!

The doctor phoned first thing, and she thinks I have a stomach ulcer or reflux so she's giving me a prescription for omeprazole so we'll see how that goes.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Morning!

I don't like Parma violets as far as I can remember but I do like free restaurant food.

Well done Jupiter!

Omeprazole made a massive difference to my reflux, sal, so I hope it's the same for you.

I'm sitting in a park in the shade with sleeping babies. :love:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Oh no, Sal; you poor thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the stress of the last couple of years has given you an ulcer! I hope the omeprazole helps.

I've just been signed off for another three weeks and am sagging with relief.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Today is a good news Friday for you, Lora!

(I mean obvs I'm not saying being too ill to work is fun and games but at least you don't have to worry about returning for the next three weeks).
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Thanks chaps, I have had omeprazole before and I think it helped so I'm hopeful it works its magic again!

Thats great news about being signed off Lora, no wonder you feel relieved!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Contrary to popular belief, stomach ulcers aren’t caused by stress, it’s from either a bacterial infection of weakening of the stomach lining by long term use of NSAIDs. Anyway, sorry you’re feeling crook sally. If it’s reflux you can hopefully work out your triggers and work out the best remedies for you. I have it myself and I tend to use double-strength ranitidine which is OTC, I usually buy the tubs of Kirkland branded (I.e. Costco) ones on eBay from US stock, as they don’t sell that formulation in the UK stores.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am Well done Jupes!

The doctor phoned first thing, and she thinks I have a stomach ulcer or reflux so she's giving me a prescription for omeprazole so we'll see how that goes.
Omeprazole is amazing stuff.

Glint, I'll mostly be trying to get some actual PhD work done after months of nonsense. I've bought all uniform for new term as they won't be home until just before it starts. Joe was not impressed at having to try on his full high school uniform yesterday :))