Saturday

Texaco Shirley

Re: Saturday

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. I am sorry for all the missed holidays.

It poured down here overnight so I plan to run later as it should be cooler than it has been lately. It’s been a slow start after last night’s quiz/wine. One round was identifying songs from musicals played on the kazoo. It was hilarious.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Hello! I have been awake since 7:15 which I cannot manage on a weekday so why does my brain do this to me on a Saturday?

I have been out to the gym and done my 5k on the cross trainer in super quick time, I’ve had my lunch of gnocchi bake with spinach and ricotta (it was delish) and am waiting for the washing to finish then I’m going to head out and meet my friend for a drink while hoping the predicted storm holds off.

I might stay out afterwards and see another couple of friends, we had plans but I haven’t heard anything yet...
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning. I am sorry about the cancelled plans.

I am gloriously plan-free today so I’ll sit about in my pyjamas watching episodes of Buffy.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

The rain has started here and is absolutely torrential!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

sally maclennane wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:53 pm The rain has started here and is absolutely torrential!
It came on when I was leaving the shop :mad:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

The weather is so weird! It’s dried off here now but it keeps swaying between rain storm and cracking sunshine.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Same here but it means we're getting my absolute favourite sky ever, brassy storm grey with the dark green of the trees against it and the edges of the leaves lit by sunshine. One day I will have a sitting room painted that shade of grey with a leaf green velvet sofa and a massive gilt framed mirror. Big high ceilings and filled with light, nothing much else in it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That sounds so beautiful, bean :love:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Doesn't it. :love: It wouldn't work in my current house as the room is too small.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

That does sound rather charming, Bean.

I have been to my second shop during lockdown, a garden centre. It was okay, quite quiet, and we stocked up on Pot Noodles but were unable to purchase a strimmer, as they don’t sell that kind of thing any more. Odd. When did garden centres stop selling gardening equipment? :ella:

The weather is weird here too. We had thunderstorms yesterday but today is rain/sun/wind going round in a loop. However, I am watching the tennis on Prime and have just used the voucher for our not-going-to-happen holiday in Wales with a sea-view hot tub :cry: to book a week in Norfolk at the end of October half term. All our lovely plans for exciting travels this summer have come to nought for so many of us.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

It’s windy here. I am nervous for my sunflowers.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Windy here as well. E had a small group playdate up in our local woods this morning so that was lovely - it was raining so nice and quiet and someone has put up a rope swing so they all had a good go on that.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That sounds lovely, Flora.

I’ve slept really badly and dreamt I had a headache and was tearing the house apart looking for painkillers. I feel wrung out and nauseous almost like the after effects of a migraine.

I’ve supervised M practicing on his bike and caught up with my neighbour about whether a July 4th street party would be appropriate.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Maybe you did have a migraine in your sleep, Olive. How horrid for you.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I have been too productive today. I've got the boys' stuff packed for tomorrow, and have pretty much scrubbed the whole house. I cannot be fucked with seeing InstaDad after 4 months without his stupid face, never mind having his judgy comments because I don't live in a white Instagram house.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:30 pm Maybe you did have a migraine in your sleep, Olive. How horrid for you.
It seems so. I’m feeling quite delicate and sorry for myself today.

He’s such a prick, Smunder. Hope he doesn’t hang about too long.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You shouldn’t have to clean up for him, Smurf :ttth: although it will have the added bonus of being clean for you with no small boys to mess it up :))
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I hope he doesn't stay, Smurf.

I have had a lovely afternoon at my Mum's and we're just waiting on a Deliveroo. I'm having chicken souvlaki. :ready:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I walked 13.9 miles! And I got burnt in the small gaps in the cloud and rain. Dammit.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I took a moany pre-teen shopping. It was horrific on several levels, with the queuing, the fear, the moaning, her face, and trying to find high summer clothes for a 12 year old who, in the words of Britney, is not a girl, not yet a woman. :sing:

We succeeded in clothes she likes and fit her, in M&S of all places.