Let's start Sunday

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Let's start Sunday

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

C loves his automatic and says it was the best decision he’s made. However he’s barely used his car in 3 months because of lockdown.

I think I’m going to catch up on my HIIT stuff this morning and hope for a dry family walk this afternoon.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

The gardener was due to come today to oil the decking but I postponed him yesterday when it became clear that the rain this weekend would prevent this. I’ve just had breakfast of marmite on toast - I’m rapidly approaching the end of my jar of marmite and it’s really hard to come by as the pub breweries haven’t been running during lockdown so there’s not much brewers’ yeast around to make it from.

I need to do a bit of cooking today but hopefully that won’t take too long, so I will try and do something creative too. Maybe some recording, or a bit of art work, or I can start on the zookeeper’s baby blanket pattern, having finished and blocked out my last project yesterday. A bit of fresh air might be good too - I could pop into the village and try in the shops there for cucumber as Aldi was out of it when I went last night. HHC’s walk ideas sound lovely.

I hope Chunk is up now and fruit slicing hasn’t been too onerous.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Good morning

I am jealous of all the roast dinner talk. :ready: We've had lots of roast dinners recently but we're having a chicken tray bake sort of thing today instead which will hopefully be nice.

Mr Is has gone off on his motorbike as his advanced rider course has started up again. The rest of us are still in PJ's and we've booked a session at the dinosaur themed mini golf place this afternoon.

I hope Jack will be ok about going, Smun.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just been reminded that we have a landscaper coming to wuotr this morning. The one on Friday didn’t bother.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, it's a horrid day so far with wind and rain. I managed to get a daytime Sainsburys delivery slot, so hopefully the weather will not too bad for the driver when it's delivery time.

We will be having meatballs, mash, peas, gravy and cranberry jelly tonight.

I hope you can come to some arrangement with Jack, smunder.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Princess Morripov wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:13 am We always have a roast on a Sunday :ready: we have gammon today, but regardless of roast it always comes with Yorkies :ready:
That's as it should be.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 am
Princess Morripov wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:13 am We always have a roast on a Sunday :ready: we have gammon today, but regardless of roast it always comes with Yorkies :ready:
That's as it should be.
We do too as H won't eat potatoes so has about six yorkshires instead. :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I don’t think I have ever make Yorkshire puddings! Despite living in Yorkshire my entire childhood. We quite often don’t have potatoes. Roast chicken is pretty much always accompanied by rice in this house.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Jack went fine in the end (with the promise of loading some.money onto his debit card once he was in the car). GF didn't leave the car other than to help J load their stuff in, so all good on that count. I feel a bit bad, it's not her fault her fiance is a dick :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

emma_p wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:55 am I don’t think I have ever make Yorkshire puddings! Despite living in Yorkshire my entire childhood. We quite often don’t have potatoes. Roast chicken is pretty much always accompanied by rice in this house.
How are you from Yorkshire? Huh?

And no potatoes? You're just trolling us :))

We've had lots of roasts but today, as we don't need to feed D, we're having buttermilk chicken with salad.

I need to get out for a walk later but apart from that, we've nothing much to do.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

emma_p wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:55 am I don’t think I have ever make Yorkshire puddings! Despite living in Yorkshire my entire childhood. We quite often don’t have potatoes. Roast chicken is pretty much always accompanied by rice in this house.
But what about gravy? :cry:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

A roast with tons of roasties, yorkshires and gravy.

Morning all, I've been for a run with my running buddy in the rain and plan on doing nothing. I may do a chicken pie for dinner.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Yorkshires are so satisfying to make (and very satisfying to eat, of course :ready: ) I'm super shocked you've never made them.

I now want sausage and mash or TITH instead of paella but I'm not sure I'll convincing Mr Coo.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

C just hates roasts so much and while I’m not the biggest fan, I do miss them.

It’s now very sunny & a warm wind. I’m going to do sausages for dinner because they need eating. I was doing my workout when the garden guy arrived an hour late, so he got to see my burpees. I remember a time when I’d be so self conscious about even wearing sports gear, never mind actually doing exercise in public.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning all (just!) We have just had pancakes and bacon with maple syrup, it tasted fine but the pancakes didn't look that great.

It's really windy here today and there's been heavy rain so i don't know if we will be able to get out for a walk later. No roast dinner here but we are having steak pie with mash :ready:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Hello. We had a thrilling start to the day picking stones out of football pitches (drainage works are ongoing) with a few other volunteers. This afternoon holds playing an escape game and curry for tea.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

One of most favourite things I miss is a Sunday pub roast. I rarely cooked roasts at home for just the four of us and almost never make them out here as it’s too hot.

Good luck with the car purchase, Derek! I started driving an automatic when we moved out here and going back to my manual when I’m back in the UK is such an adjustment. I don’t think I’d ever buy a manual car now.

I’ve had a much better nights sleep so am debating an online barre class this morning vs taking it v. easy just in case. The boys have a birthday party in the park later - just 4 kids, all distanced etc during the hottest part of the day. The thought has put me in a bit of a bad mood. :look:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I really want a roast now.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I appear to have bought a car*. And, more impressively, have driven it home without incident :))

*Honda Jazz, 1.4. Silver. Utterly unremarkable but nippy.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Happy new car!

Sproglette and I are home (2hrs 48 mins according to my Fitbit, including a well timed coffee and flapjack break between showers) and leftovers for lunch will feature shortly. I think a shower then an afternoon on the sofa will follow.