Monday

Turtle Bean

Re: Monday

Post by Turtle Bean »

What book, Lora?
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I did that a couple of weeks ago Lora, Mine was a kindle 99p Deal book too but I wanted to get to the end . I suffered the next day.

Is, that will be sad but I also hope there are lots of good things for the parents to hear and they get some comfort from it.

Enjoy your day off WeJa.

My day is just work. Eldest is accompanying me on a lunch time dog walk then buying me a Costa coconut latte ( the Costa in our local Tesco has reopened) to recompense me for buying a film on my amazon prime account at the weekend 😂

Zoom Zumba tonight . I also need to fill up my car today or tomorrow as I’m hoping to get tested tomorrow prior to going to see my mum on Saturday. I don’t plan going shopping at all until I come back from my mums . I don’t expect anyone in the house to be going far either , however, youngest returns to work at the pub on Friday .
Luce

Post by Luce »

Morning all.

I hope it goes well, Ismee and that H copes with it ok, that is so sad.

I've taken the boys to school and did a spin ride. It was supposed to be a quick Hiit one but was actually tabata which I've been too scared to try before but actually was brilliant and I loved it.

The rest of my day includes nothing but pootling, some sewing and probably a nap before I get the boys later. I feel like I live in a weird world where everything looks and feels normal (have worked out in peace, boys at school, time for hobbies etc) but in a parallel universe. I'm not sure if briefly forgetting about the pandemic is a good thing (mental health) or a bad thing (risking less vigilance).
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Turtle Bean wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 am What book, Lora?
Queenie, by Candice Carter-Williams. So good.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I hope it goes as well as it can Is. How sad.

Morning. Groundhog year continues although football training is supposed to restart on Thursday so we may get a semblance of normality. Today FB timehop showed me the Killers gig at Cardiff Castle a year ago, it’s like a different lifetime.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Morning! :turtle:

That sounds difficult and sad, Is. I hope it goes okay.

I would love a Costa right now. Enjoy, Tracy.

Not much to report here. F is at school but S is home with me. He wants to go for a walk to do ‘bird watching’. He has a book about birds, his toy binoculars and camouflage army man helmet at the ready. He seems content watching videos about rubbish trucks at the moment though.

I am going to have pastries and a cup of tea before we go.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Morning.

I hope this afternoon goes ok, Is.

It is chilly here too and windy. I need to brave the garden to check on some seeds.

E jnr has a settling in session with creche this afternoon and my new job just sent out my laptop so things just got very real.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I'm sorry, Ismee. I hope it goes OK.

Queenie is in my to read pile!

I am working today because originally the school summer fair was on Friday so I changed my work days. Then I forgot and by the time I realised, people had put things in my diary for today :lg:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Loralei wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 am
Turtle Bean wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 am What book, Lora?
Ooh, this is on the list of three we’ve got suggested for our next book club read.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Hello all! I should be landing in Spain right about now, instead I'm debating moving some plants in from the balcony before they drown out there. :lol:
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

I hope today goes as well as it can, Ismee.

I am sitting outside the Eye Hospital waiting for D. He’s just sent me a text to say they’ve diagnosed a corneal ulcer and he’s just about to have samples taken. Boke.

This is not how I’d planned today to be.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Urgh, I hope he’s ok Froozy.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ugh, Froozy. I hope he’s ok.

What a sad day, Ismee. I hope it goes well and H is ok.
Loralei wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 am [quote="Turtle Bean" post_id=2665586 time=<a href="tel:1593420769">1593420769</a> user_id=3]
What book, Lora?
[/quote]

This is on my to read pile too!

Spending most of the weekend lying around eating chocolate has not helped my headache so instead I will try exercise, fresh air and healthy food. :ruby:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I bet that helps. So annoying.

I had added that book to my list too.

Shoe, I was just wondering about bringing my courgettes and tomatoes in. It's absolutely torrential now and I'm afraid they will drown.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I'm worried my unidentified tall green and purple edible plant is going to snap, it's so windy.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Hope he's ok, Froozy.

Queenie is brilliant. :love:

That is very cute, Dandelion. I hope you see some good stuff!

The majority of my housemates are sleeping so I might have another iced latte.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

May I suggest to you that if you’d like to see your siblings, have one of you work in a trade, so you can have them round to provide a quote.

My brother just called in to give me garden ideas.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I hope he is ok, Froozy. Yuk!

Afternoon all

H was fine thank you, I think she was glad she went. She's met a friend in town for a couple of hours now, her first social event since March. I streamed some of the service this morning and it was very sad. The part we went to was nice, hundreds of people paying their respects. Nice for the family to get so much support.

Sorry about your cancelled holiday Shoe.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Sorry for your cancelled hols Shoe.

I’m glad it went well Is, and nice for H to catch up with a friend.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm glad H was glad she went and got to meet her friend too. It sounds so sad but I hope the family got a little comfort from all the people who supported them at the funeral today.

It was so nice to be back at work today. Another person to talk to! A change of scene! I've been weirdly efficient since I've got home too - been grocery shopping, returned some online shopping, sent off passport renewals, applied for an updated driving license with my new address, registered G for a secondary school entrance exam, descaled the coffee machine, made two different dinners, a flourless chocolate cake and done two loads of washing. I've poured a glass of wine now though :emme: