July pay day treats

H1ppychick

Re: July pay day treats

Post by H1ppychick »

I have got carried away and now have 4 of them. Please hold, caller.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Here you go. The top two are the ones I got first, are both convertibles for either pressed or loose powder, and both have currently got new pressed powder pans in them.

The bottom left one is for loose powder and I’ve cleaned but not yet filled it, the bottom right one is another convertible, also currently empty.

By the way you hopefully shouldn’t need to make up your own pressed powder pan for yours Lily, it is probably a standard 67mm size in which case the pans from quite a lot of brands should fit. Tip to remove a pan from the brand packaging is to put it face down on a heatproof mat then blast the back of it with a hairdryer to soften the glue which is usually in the middle of the pan, then whilst that’s still warm you squeeze the plastic in from the sides to create a gap on the other edges, you can then get a knife tip in and get some leverage to gently separate the parts without breaking the powder.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I really like the bottom right one, that's beautiful.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yeah, the mother of pearl one was really flattered by its eBay photo, it’s less nice IRL, I’ll try and give it a polish to see if it improves (seems to be brass).

The faux fur one I like because it’s a bit smaller but still takes the same size powder pan. Those hoop things you can see are the sifters that you insert into each to use it with loose powder.

If you’re interested, there are lots on eBay. Just search for vintage powder compact, the most widespread is a brand called Stratton.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I love these Hippy!

My compact is heart-shaped, so, sadly, non-standard. I need to get a decent puff thing.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored