Tuesday in late July

Loralei

Re: Tuesday in late July

Post by Loralei »

I don't think Tupac is going to be winning Star of the Month :mrgreen:

Good luck, Dande. If they're going on performance it sounds as if you'll be safe, but I hope you get what you want.

I had a decent night's sleep for once, mostly as I sent P to the spare room as his snoring is dreadful at the moment (it gets worse with hayfever). I have been for a run, hung out a wash and am about to go and pick TD up from his first solo sleepover at my sister's. P is off again today so is taking the children for a picnic.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Good morning

I'm glad you found them Pov.

Good that you can have a bit of a break for your back, Marth. I hope the new chair helps.

Good luck, Dands, I hope the outcome is the best one for you.

I've done a workout and had breakfast. Just waiting for some sausage rolls to finish cooking and then will jump in the shower. We have a picnic with friends this afternoon.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Penny Century wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 am once I'd Tetris-ed my way round everyone.
:lol: This is such a good description. My cat gets the hump if any children get in our bed and buggers off to the sofa in the boys' room, for which I'm quite grateful.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

What does Star of the Month get Pov?

Morning. I spent most of the night up as A2 had a fever so slept propped up on me, slowly pushing me off the bed. V joined us at 3am when she had a nightmare. I’ve already taken A2 off to have a test for CV19 (his second this month :uhh: ) and I have a department wide meeting in a bit to discuss office working practices for going back.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! Good luck, Dande; I hope you hear soon.

It’s grim here at the moment but it’s supposed to fine up at lunchtime so I’ve put washing in the machine in the hope I can get it out on the line later.

Life admin this morning and Zoom sewing class this afternoon will keep me busy.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

F'Artiste wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 am What does Star of the Month get Pov?
The side eye from everyone else? :lol:

The guy who got it last month my team mate had complained about his really rude attitude whilst dealing with another team, so she asked how they were actually determining who receives this prestigious accolade and apparently this month “it’s been changed a little” so I am ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT.

We also have a “Spotlight on...” session which is one person sharing a bit about themselves but it’s always managed really badly and I am currently 25 minutes into listening to someone’s full education and employment history. So fucking boring :lol:
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, I have hung washing out, but keeping a close eye on it as its been blue skies followed by big threatening grey patches. I'm hoping a small amount of time outside in the wind will help dry.

What else happened today, depends on what the weather decides to do. I need to get into the garden, so it will hopefully stay dry.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I hate work awards, I think they're so subjective.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Princess Morripov wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 am
We also have a “Spotlight on...” session which is one person sharing a bit about themselves but it’s always managed really badly and I am currently 25 minutes into listening to someone’s full education and employment history. So fucking boring :lol:
Oh god. This reminds me of job interviews where I ask the candidate to tell me something about them that is not on their CV, and 9 times out of 10 they start monologuing their entire CV at me :twitch:. I'm dying to hear about your awards later though :)).
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Glint wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:32 am Morning, I have hung washing out, but keeping a close eye on it as its been blue skies followed by big threatening grey patches. I'm hoping a small amount of time outside in the wind will help dry.
Sorry about that. I put a washing on and it instantly turned grey.

There are crowds of people in the street outside here, dressed in black. There must be about 80 now, including a couple of police, and most of them are quite young. It's making me tearful. I hope the turnout will comfort the family, whoever they are.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

It's for a child. How awful.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:57 am
Princess Morripov wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 am
Oh god. This reminds me of job interviews where I ask the candidate to tell me something about them that is not on their CV, and 9 times out of 10 they start monologuing their entire CV at me :twitch:. I'm dying to hear about your awards later though :)).
I don’t know why people find this so hard. Just make out you like walking or travelling or going to museums or cooking or whatever. So far on these team meetings the interests out of work (when we’ve finally finished listening to the details of every fucking school they’ve attended and what their favourite cartoon characters were on TV when they were 6) have been watching Netflix and reading books :mog:

Actually going off at a tangent but that’s just reminded me of my ex-friend and her “play button” engagement ring because it was a pointer to the fact her and her fella liked to watch Netflix in their spare time :mog: WE ALL DO THAT IT IS NOT SPECIAL!
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Oh Heebie, that’s so sad.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Heebie :cry:

I just had a really horrible experience on the motorway, where I thought I was going to faint :look: The outside of my vision went all black. I managed to get to the next junction and parked in a car park until I felt well enough to drive on to my sister's, and feel ok after tea and biscuits, but am a bit nervous about the return journey (with added TD).
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Lora that sounds awful. Definitely have lots of sugary snacks before your journey home, just to make sure.

We have been on the tube, eaten at an actual restaurant and are now on the train. I had a few looks when I got my antibacterial wipes out to clean the table but :ttth: The train table was actually pretty clean! I have cleaned them before Covid :uptight: and they were much worse.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I've always cleaned train tables (and plane ones). I've seen dogs sitting on them, so you bet I'm fucking cleaning it.

Which restaurant, emma? And have a good holiday.

I hope you feel better soon, Lora.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

We just grabbed a quick Franca Manca pizza in Victoria because I realised we had nothing for lunch as I was a bit over zealous with my pre-holiday fridge clean :)) It was like a ghost town!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s so sad, Heebie.

Lora, take plenty of time getting home. I hope you’re feeling ok now.

Happy holidays Emma! I’m going to be wiping everything when I go back to the gym on Friday.

It’s my first day back at work and I was really worried about it, which was a bit silly because it’s been absolutely fine. Not too many emails to wade through and nothing terrifying on the to do list.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

How scary Lora. Had you eaten today? Hope you're OK and that it was a one off.

Glad your first day back was OK Pip. I always get back to school nerves after holidays even when I know they're irrational. I wish feelings listened to logic.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Lora, you poor thing. That does sound scary, I hope the tea and biscuits do the trick and you have safe journey home.

Going on the tube and out for lunch seems to nice and normal, Emma. Have a lovely holiday!
Ella77 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:43 pm I've always cleaned train tables (and plane ones). I've seen dogs sitting on them, so you bet I'm fucking cleaning it.
100% this. I saw some utterly grim train behaviour after my regular travels north so I always clean train and plane tables. I also do it at the cinema which earns me massive side eye. :ttth:

I’ve just seen my neighbour/ friend and we’ve organised a socially distant catch up in her garden for later this week as she has some ‘special’ brownies. :))