Tuesday in late July

bramblerose

Re: Tuesday in late July

Post by bramblerose »

Get a Mars bar down your neck, Lora! I hope you are ok though 😘

Happy holidays Emma!

I thought it was Wednesday this afternoon and was looking forward to a half day tomorrow but it's not 😭
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Lora! That sounds hideous. Can you have some orange juice and a handful of nuts or some cheese or something? Just take your time.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Hope you’re ok, Lora.

My children are home again. It was a LOVELY few hours. I watched some TV (Queer Eye) and did bugger all about the house. I actually relaxed. I mean, I like them but they are here ALL THE TIME.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Thank you. I am home safely now. It may have been not rehydrating properly after my run or it could be because I'm in the process of changing my meds. I just need to take some food to my hospital-bound friend (waiting for a cake to finish baking) and then I might go to bed.

Your holiday went so quickly, Pip! And if I think that it must have whizzed by for you. I'm glad your first day back was ok.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That sounds scary, Lora; I hope it doesn’t recur and you are recovered now.

Heebie, how sad.

The promised afternoon fine weather here failed to matérialise so I have two baskets of wet washing doing nothing, in the hope tomorrow will be better.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Don't drive any more, Lora! :panic: Glad you're OK.

Reading about everyone's days is, hopefully, a glimpse into our future. R and I are both mildly ill (not likely Covid) and have not been out except for a couple of store runs, and when so, wore gloves and masks.

Today holds work and more work. :fish:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I’m sorry you had a funny turn Lora, I hope you are feeling better now. That must have been really frightening.

Just for closure, the “Star of the Month” award was changed up this month to just randomly award it to 4 people for doing their job :toot: and then there was a request for suggestions on how to improve the process going forward (it’s horrible and cancel it?) but we “ran out of time to capture the feedback” so we are to email our thoughts and feelings through. I am so glad I am leaving that team :mog:

I also had to sit through the video submission for our wider team meeting that had been mocked up as a BBC NEWS bulletin with people pretending to present weather segments and a collection of pictures of people posing with their dogs amongst a suggestion the team could be replaced by dogs BUAHAHAHAHAHA. I died of cringe by that point and was so glad to be on mute and video off for that, and the aftermath where they asked for feedback and a massive pile of tumbleweed rolled by. 💃
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I like your neighbour’s style, olive. My next door neighbour’s son was staying them during lockdown when he was furloughed, and several times I’d get the waft of weed drifting into my living room from where he was sitting on their decking adjacent to my sliding door. I was very tempted to try and tap him up.

I’m glad you have made it home safely Lora and I hope you can put your feet up soon if you’ve not already done so.

I will shortly be zapping some Kenyan fish curry in the microwave then I have a choir session at 8.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

FiveO'Clock wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:50 pm Don't drive any more, Lora! :panic: Glad you're OK.

Reading about everyone's days is, hopefully, a glimpse into our future. R and I are both mildly ill (not likely Covid) and have not been out except for a couple of store runs, and when so, wore gloves and masks.

Today holds work and more work. :fish:
Have you been tested just to rule it out?

I hope you both feel better soon though.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Thank you. No, we've not been tested because we live in America and, you know, Trump. We've called the doctor and our symptoms are not Covid-like enough. I had a similar sore throat and fatigue about a month ago and my doctor said there was a throat virus going around and I didn't need a test then either.

I just can't figure out how we're getting any viruses.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I am glad you’re back safe and sound, Lora! That sounds like a forced fun call, Pov. What a nightmare.

My horrible company waited until 17:11 to put everyone out of their misery re redundancy. I am safe, thankfully (I would have quite liked a payout but after hearing all the horror stories of 1000 applicants for one job maybe this is the safer long term bet...) but 3/6 of my store colleagues are still at risk, and some of those will definitely go. It’s quite awkward but most of us are on furlough so being supportive from afar.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Trump..testing more then anyone ever...

I'm sorry you can't get a test.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Really, all illnesses should be in decline if lockdown + the other rules work. But people are people.

Good news, Dands? Glad you’re happy anyway.

I kind of wish I’d stayed at work today; everyone is talking at me.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m glad for you Dands, and I hope your colleagues at risk do well from it.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Yeah, that's definitely the less stressful option, Dande. Most people have only put themselves forward at my place to take advantage of the early retirement deal or if they were planning to leave anyway. My (contractor) ex-colleague is having a hell of a time even getting an interview. Your company are arses for leaving you hanging, though.

I hope.you feel better soon, Five.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m glad you finally heard good news, Dande.

Get better soon, Five; I hope it’s not THE virus.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Thank you, I really don't think we're very sick at all, just sick enough to know whatever we've been doing isn't enough to have avoided THE virus had someone been infected.

Glad your job is safe, Dande.