Unremarkable Wednesday

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Unremarkable Wednesday

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ismee wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:53 pm
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:55 pm I just mercilessly destroyed my husband by asking his he finds so much to say about duvet covers day in, day out, in his meetings.
:lol: What did he say to that?
He laughed, and told me that I should note he rarely says much in his meetings, and I told him that at least my work feels a little bit like it’s contributing to the good of society. :))

Second time of delivering the same training session this afternoon and it went ok, but no one had a mic so I felt like I was monologuing about references and it was a bit dull. I bored myself and drifted off. I’d promised to lead after my colleague led this morning.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Penny Century wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:52 am
Luna wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:41 am Aww, that is much nicer to chat about stuff like that rather than the depressing shit we’re in now. Sounds like he had some interesting stories.
he mainly watches telly and worries.
This is my mother.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Ismee wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:52 pm We've bought the kids a Nintendo Switch and we're going to give it to them later. We managed to save a bit of money over the last few weeks and they've been so amazing in lockdown, didn't moan at all about their cancelled holiday and all got great school reports so we decided to splash out. I can't wait to give it to them!
We bought our 3 a Switch for Christmas between them, and it's been the best present ever! Mine love Mariokart, Mario Party and the girls adore Animal Crossing.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

What a treat, Is. The kids will love that, and it will be fun surprising them.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ismee wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:52 pm We've bought the kids a Nintendo Switch and we're going to give it to them later. We managed to save a bit of money over the last few weeks and they've been so amazing in lockdown, didn't moan at all about their cancelled holiday and all got great school reports so we decided to splash out. I can't wait to give it to them!
That’s so lovely! I bet they’ll be over the moon.

It’s due to rain this afternoon so the boys have ridden their bikes around the ‘hood this morning for exercise as we probably won’t get to the pool. Now we’re doing a bit of school work so I can see how much they’ve forgotten over the summer. :ruby: (All of it in T’s case).

Mr O has gone into the office today so I’m going to tackle the bathrooms and then watch some Schitt’s Creek which I’m addicted to.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

I've just had a group email from Anxiety UK warning me that some of my membership data may have been compromised because the company they use to store the data has been targeted by hackers. It's not financial or sensitive data so it looks like there's no real cause for, er, anxiety, but it's making me giggle so much. The day those poor buggers at Anxiety UK HQ must have had, and the care they've clearly taken over this email.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Oh no, Penny! :mute:
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

That is hilarious, Penny. :mog:

We finished Schitts Creek last night, olive. I am bereft. I really want a Rose Apothecary jumper. :)) We still have the Writers Table behind the scenes thing to watch which looks good. I loved it so much.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Oh no, Penny. :mute:
Dandelion wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 pm We finished Schitts Creek last night, olive. I am bereft. I really want a Rose Apothecary jumper. :)) We still have the Writers Table behind the scenes thing to watch which looks good. I loved it so much.
I want want too now!