Thursday - the day of friendship

Topcat

Re: Thursday - the day of friendship

Post by Topcat »

Hello.

I've had a community chest start to the day here. My bank called to say that there had been errors on my account and that they are refunding me over 200 snots. It's already in my account too, so talk about well timed! :perky:

I shall celebrate that later, but first to power through work.
Last edited by Topcat on Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, internet friends near and far!

I’ve also had to take to my bed for a morning and afternoon if I’ve spent too long outside in the sun/ hot weather the day before this year. It’s almost like a hangover.

As reported up there, it’s wet and should be until it’s time for football training. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice.
Skips

Post by Skips »

That's a result TC!

I reached out to my best friend thanks to this thread and we're going to have a socially distanced picnic and walk on Sunday. She is up in Shropshire for the weekend so we are going to meet in Ludlow. I am mega excited.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Good news, TC!

Hello lovely internet chums! I was meant to be taking L round to my friend’s house to cuddle her new kitten :love: but we’ve had to postpone it till next week. Today holds a day in the house due to drizzle, so what with that and the kittenlessness I’m thanking my lucky stars I got a delivery of activity books for L yesterday. :))

:fc: for ripe avocados for you PG, and also for me because M’s planning on making guacamole tonight. :ready:

Sorry for all those with squashed body parts. :cry:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I've just cancelled my squashing appointment! I keep forgetting about the shingles, so I rang them to let them know and they advised against going.

So, housework it is!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Hello my online chums. :wave:

Better than a poke in the eye with a stick, eh TC?

No shutting body parts in machinery here but I was dumbfounded last night when I said the word 'sandshoe' to Mr D and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Him: Sandshoe!? What's that?
Me: WHAT!? A sannie, you've never heard of a sandshoe?
Him: You're making this up

I had no idea it wasn't really used outside Scotland.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Hello pals! :wave:

It’s quite nice here. I’m kind of winning today, I made my manager seethe with envy over a top I have and she wanted but couldn’t get. :))

Today was my last opportunity for free bacon rolls, but I’ve resisted because of dieting and the wicked heartburn they give me. It’s sad that it’s come to this but in congratulating myself on making a grown-up self-caring kind of decision.

How are you feeling Bramble? Great that you’ve managed to avoid being squashed, but you’ll have that pleasure in the future still.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Estrella wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:17 am Dands, a sun allergy sounds positively un-Australian!
I know! Isn’t it sad? :duh: A sun allergy appears to cause red spots which I don’t have but I am definitely feeling more sensitive to it via my headaches.

Nonetheless, I am in the sunny garden with my Red magazine, I will try and power through! I hope your wine helped. I see things seem to be getting rather quickly worse in QLD at the moment.

MrD is in a mood with work, so I am keeping my happy little furloughed self well away from him. :mog: #guilty
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I am feeling ok, thank you which is why I forgot about it!

Which top, Pip?

It's brightened up here a bit which is good.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ooh, Ludlow :love:
Lola

Post by Lola »

Morning. It’s nice here but I can’t open the patio doors due to the new cat :)) All we can do is open windows a tiny bit.

Skips, I hope you get some lunch.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I'm allergic to the sun as well - I come up in lovely red patches and spots all around my neck and chest area. I did find some tablets for it, but they didn't seem to do much good and were probably just snake oil.

I'm half listening to C's online session with his tutor, and he's just drawn her a floating turd apparently :duh: I'm so embarrassed!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s my lovely toucans & parrots top, which was totally made for me, not her. Birds are my thing. :))
A5D48530-D0DD-4EB0-BFC9-6EAD9CC7055F.jpeg
My weird seasonal itching is probably a sun allergy, but mine hardens off with exposure through spring and I don’t get a rash.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

That is a lovely top, Pip, it was totally made for you!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Flora Poste wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am I'm half listening to C's online session with his tutor, and he's just drawn her a floating turd apparently :duh: I'm so embarrassed!
Physics lesson? :puzz: :))

Duo, I have to call L’s sannies by about three different names before she stops looking at me like I’m an alien. :lol:

That is a lovely top, Pip. :love2:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning computer friends.

My car has had to go for a service today and it’s been a bit weird following all of their Covid-safe rules, plus they won’t pick it up and drop it off as they usually do so I’ve had to faff about with an expensive taxi (and will again later to fetch it). What’s worse is that they aren’t going to valet it! :snooty:

That’s a good result TC.

That top is very you, Pip.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

What all a lovely top Pip so perfect for you

I'm waiting for the promised heatwave. It's not arrived yet

Food bank this morning etc and now I'm just catching up on the internet before writing out 20 cards begging my social team to come back - the ones who pay weigh and run shop for me.

I hope you get the results soon Is.
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Lola

Post by Lola »

That’s weird, rosy. I just booked my car for a service & I usually drop it off & they give me a courtesy car but this time they won’t do that because of Covid so they are going to collect & deliver it instead :shrug: It’s funny how they all have different rules.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Tits McGee wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:48 am
Duo, I have to call L’s sannies by about three different names before she stops looking at me like I’m an alien. :lol:
I feel vindicated :))

I hope the test turns out well, I was going to say positive but that's not what you want to hear.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Dandelion wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:05 am
Estrella wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:17 am Dands, a sun allergy sounds positively un-Australian!
I know! Isn’t it sad? :duh: A sun allergy appears to cause red spots which I don’t have but I am definitely feeling more sensitive to it via my headaches.
Yes, mine are hives but show up as red bumps, whereas TD has the same and gets the traditional measles-like rash, even with SPF50. Antihistamines seem to have no effect, either, although I'm sure it's bog standard urticaria, so they should :verm: Does wearing a hat make any difference to your headaches?