Thursday - the day of friendship

Dandelion

Re: Thursday - the day of friendship

Post by Dandelion »

How annoying, Lora. Yes, a hat does seem to help but it has taken me a while to reach this conclusion. :lol:

The heatwave is definitely here. I am researching toddler splash pads for the weekend but there isn’t much around. Our local one is closed due to repeated vandalism.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’m on the sofa under a cat after a long walk. I will do some sitting before doing some useful stuff.

What is a sandshoe? I could google, I know.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’d never heard of a sandshoe until this place along with most other scottishims. :racist: I’ve forgotten what it is though now.

My near constant headaches/ migraines are thanks to the sun too. :cry: They’re definitely getting worse too despite staying out of the sun as much as possible and always wearing a hat. The hat helps with the horrible heat rash on my entire face though which is always nice. :verm:

It’s a rainy day today and I was looking forward to a nice day of pottering except Mr O is having a bit of a stressful day which is always fun to be around. :uhh:
Glint

Post by Glint »

FFS, my connection is goosed.
Last edited by Glint on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Edited DP
Last edited by Glint on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

A plimsole but I use it as a generic word for any type of running shoe/trainer.

It all started due to a group of men in my running club, one is an ex youth hill running champion and they'd decided to run up and down Ben Lomond. They were all kitted out apart from one guy who himself is a fast ultra-runner and Scottish 1000km champion who ran up and down with no hydration vest/trail backpack and not wearing trail shoes.

The FB comment was - Did K run up and down Ben Lomond with road sannies and no survival kit?
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Glint

Post by Glint »

It's another name for plimsolls or trainers.

I associate it with thin soled trainers like school gym wear, but my mum uses it to describe standard trainers.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Duophonic wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:53 pm It all started due to a group of men in my running club, one is an ex youth hill running champion and they'd decided to run up and down Ben Lomond. They were all kitted out apart from one guy who himself is a fast ultra-runner and Scottish 1000km champion who ran up and down with no hydration vest/trail backpack and not wearing trail shoes.

The FB comment was - Did K run up and down Ben Lomond with road sannies and no survival kit?
That reminds me of the time I went up the Ben with my friend G. Everyone we met was using walking poles and fully kitted out and we were in trainers and kitted out with nothing more than a Greggs bag. We beat most of them as well :lol:

Sandshoes must be pronounced with a silent 'd' - sanshoes.