HAPPY Friday.

rosy

Re: HAPPY Friday.

Post by rosy »

Morning! How lovely to hear that O is doing well, Lora.

Today holds watching the build up to the first of the two back to back Grands Prix at Silverstone, and a bit of pottering about.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

It is so hot out there. I popped to my local town to pick up my parcels, send a parcel, go to Boots and return the library books we've had since Jan. I really struggled wearing my mask, despite removing it between shops. I did get an iced coffee in the one nice independent cafe though. I don't really have any work to do and don't really feel that inclined to chase any right now.

That's good news, Lora. Enjoy your lunch.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Thank you!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Hello! I am melting on the beach watching the kids and S on a kayak and waiting for our friends to join us who left late, got stuck in traffic and are now looking for parking...
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s lovely news Lora.

I’ve been to the gym and to pick up parcels and ice on my way home. The kids don’t much fancy Calke Abbey in this heat and I can’t say I blame them, so we’re going to have a quiet afternoon keeping cool as we can.

We need to nip out again later to collect a gaming chair that Chunk has bought with his birthday money, and my other parcel from Boots.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

As soon as the hour is up we are going for fish and chips and then we’ll be in for the afternoon and not coming out again until at least 5. It is too hot :emme:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello.

I'm going to go for a wonder around an actual town today. It's going to be extremely strange to begin with, I think.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

I hope you find it enjoyable TC. Is this your first proper outing?

Afternoon. I am struggling to motivate myself to work, it’s so hot and I keep moving around the house trying to find a cooler spot, whilst writing myself to do lists.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That’s such positive news about O, Lora.

I don’t envy y’all having to deal with the heat in the UK. I managed to snag the last triple pack of disinfectant wipes and 2 bottles of disinfecting spray in the supermarket this morning. I am now *that person*. But I figure if we go back to school we’ll go through loads of that stuff spraying backpacks, chrome books and what not.

Probably pool later if the rain holds off.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Today is the first day I’ve not been really cold in my home work space. I’m wearing a T-shirt and shorts and feel perfectly comfortable, whereas the rest of the week I’ve worn jeans, slippers, two layers and a jumper. However this won’t last long so I’ve ordered a folding desk so that I can think about relocating upstairs to the spare room at some future point.

Anyway, I’ve an hour or so more to work, then I can pack up till Tuesday. I had thought I might need to swoosh out to the shopping mall to fetch my Birkenstocks from repair but a friend of mine was out there earlier and managed to liberate them and drop them into mine on her way home (together with a can of pink gin fizz which she popped in the bag as a little present).

I need to do some cooking later, and I might watch The Umbrella Academy.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

F'Artiste wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:27 pm I hope you find it enjoyable TC. Is this your first proper outing?
it was! But I didn't do it in the end. I drove to Frome but the main road is closed and then I got lost in the little backroads so gave up and headed home.

I might try somewhere else on Sunday, we'll see.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I could have told you that if I’d known where you were going :lol:
Skips

Post by Skips »

indigo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 am
Skips wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 am Good morning! I am not logging into work today but I am heading to Ikea. I'm also hoping to get loads of laundry done.
Ooh, Skips, could you have a sit on the Kivik sofa for me and let me know if it's comfy? It's OOS at my local IKEA and it's the one I really fancy.
The seats were quite comfortable but the arms are solid, i like to tuck my legs under me and lean to the side though. J, 5'10" said he felt it was quite low, but I didn't notice that :shortarse:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:12 pm I could have told you that if I’d known where you were going :lol:
It even broke my satnav. I ended up going home via Chapmanslade which is in the exact opposite direction. :mog:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:mog:
rosy

Post by rosy »

I hope Marth and any other campers don't get this thunderstorm that I have here! It's coming down in stair rods.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Thank you, Skipsl!