Sunday

Texaco Shirley

Re: Sunday

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think my boys did one of those with my friend in Bath last year. I hear it was very good.

Morning. MrTex and L have just left to cycle to Mells for breakfast. A is shooting things on the Xbox, I need to do some work and some washing. Later holds watching A kick a ball about at what I am told is the highest, most exposed and therefore coldest pitch in the Midsomer Norton League and then, once we’ve defrosted ourselves, supervising L making a Swiss roll for DT homework and getting his DofE planner filled in.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Morning all. It is a lovely day here so I'm going to spend some of it in the garden planting bulbs and plants in an attempt to have an actual garden next year, rather than a useless mess. I need M to get up first though to dig out the bamboo that's gone mental, but he is still snoring away up there. I'll go and wave coffee under his nose if he's not up soon.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I'm always half hoping for John Nettles to turn up in your day Tex. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

kiwi wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:20 am I'm always half hoping for John Nettles to turn up in your day Tex. :))
:lol: More chance with WeJa I think.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It looks like it'll be a lovely autumnal day here. I've just been googling when to cut peonies back and I think we're heading out for a walk on the common.

I had to subscribe NYT food to make fluffy pumpkin pancakes I'd seen on their instagram yesterday and decided I HAD to make But they were totally worth it :love:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Morning gang.

Mr O has headed out for firewood as we both forgot to pick some up on our various errand runs yesterday.

Yesterday was a bit fraught as (let me preface this with saying she is ok) one of the girls on our street was hit by a car yesterday. She’s only 8 and and was on her bike near the top of the street when a car hit her. Not someone who lives on our street so I’m guessing he’d made a wrong turn.

We live in a very small and quiet cul de sac and all the children are outside all the time including my two. It was awful as when I drove in I saw two of my friends surrounded by 3 emergency vehicles with lights going. We know the little girl really well.

There was a lot of blood and our whole neighbourhood was cordoned off. I heard late last night that she has a broken collarbone, broken arm and ruptured eardrum.

Once breakfast is over we’re going to make cards for her and put a get well box together.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

How scary, olive. I am glad she hasn’t got life threatening injuries. Did the driver stop?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

The driver did stop and was with the police for hours. I came home around 5ish not long after it happened and at around 8ish the street was still cordoned off and he was still there with the police.

He didn’t seem all that old from what I could see. Horrible all round.

Apparently she may be home later today which seems soon but tentatively positive. :fc:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Gosh, how scary! I’m glad she’s ok.

Some lovely Sundays here. My day has been mostly laundry and tidying up, but now I’m on the sofa with a blanket, a mug of tea, some salted caramel cookies and Sounds of The Seventies
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Glad she's okay Olive.

I've had a bit of a busy day; gym followed by weekly shop, meal prep and getting my flu vaccination. I've just woken up from an afternoon snooze with Tom who is still asleep on top of me.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh olive, that's awful. Glad she's (mostly) ok. My sister saw similar recently. A child (12/13) walked in front of a car as she was walking her kids to school. It sounds similar to yours in that it was someone her kids knew well. She kept walking as others had stopped and she didn't want the kids to see. She thought the poor kid was dead at the time because he was so still and quiet, but found out later that he had a few broken bones but was otherwise ok. Terrifying!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Jesus, I’m glad she only has “minor” injuries. How horrible for you all.

I have done my leafleting and been marvelling at how many people seem to have gone away for half term, and how filthy some front doors are. I only have the one bruise from a vicious flap/dog scenario. And C is right, at the very least I now deserve a snog from Sir Keir. :hbeat: Instead though, I’m having a glass of wine and thinking what I might make for dinner. Another glass and I won’t care.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Have the extra glass, you deserve it!

I hope the little girl is OK, Olive. I am so angry when drivers zip down our cul-de-sac, because the neighborhood kids are always running about and often come over to ours to see Benson and Harvey.

Mr5 and I are full of cold today, which appears to be from the in person additional help he gave to some of his chemistry students despite being socially distanced with masks. But at least it's cozy in here, the fire is on, I have a cup of tea and a dog on my lap. :)
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Smunder Woman wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:55 pm Oh olive, that's awful. Glad she's (mostly) ok. My sister saw similar recently. A child (12/13) walked in front of a car as she was walking her kids to school. It sounds similar to yours in that it was someone her kids knew well. She kept walking as others had stopped and she didn't want the kids to see. She thought the poor kid was dead at the time because he was so still and quiet, but found out later that he had a few broken bones but was otherwise ok. Terrifying!
Oh God. I’ve never been close to something like this before and it was awful. Apparently S (the little girl) was bleeding from her ear and face which was awful and she’d also passed out and they couldn’t bring her round so everyone initially assumed the worst.

One of my neighbours really pissed me off as well. She came out and was on the phone and kept asking really loudly what was going on. When someone told her she kept repeating it loudly ‘OMG, S has been hit? Is she ok? What happened?’ Whilst still on the fucking phone.

S’s mum is a friend of mine and she looked so scared and overwhelmed by everyone and I wanted to tell everyone to fuck off back inside their houses. I came back in as it felt really inappropriate to be outside congregating once I established S’s parents didn’t need anything practical doing and were ok to get to the hospital, and had dog/ younger daughter all taken care of.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Some people thrive on the drama, olive. :ella:

I am so jealous of all of you under blankets or cosy with fires and mugs of tea. :cry: We are on the motorway heading home. F is sulking because her ‘holiday’ is over and S is asleep and will be unbearably grumpy when he wakes. Once we are back I have to unpack, do laundry, run baths, etc. It’s so much effort for what was basically two days. :emme:

A takeaway is on the cards once the kids are in bed though.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m with S on this. :)) I have the Sunday blues already despite going into my second working week.

My friend called with an update and S has a broken jaw (both sides), broken foot, broken arm and collar bone but brain scans all clear so she’s been very ‘lucky’. Both sets of grandparents are arriving to help.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

The poor girl!
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Oh Olive, the poor girl. I'm glad it wasn't life threatening but it all sounds awful.

We are having an afternoon movie (Enola Holmes) and will have burgers for dinner soon.

We have an inset at my school tomorrow which is lovely, it's been manic the last six weeks and I am glad to not be panicking about Monday morning for once. :))
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Hi Ismee! :wave: I've missed you.

Goodness, Olive. Poor S, and her poor parents. Her mum must have been frantic. Those are a lot of injuries but hopefully she's young enough to fully recover.

It's been a very Sundayish day here, but J has been out all afternoon so we've done his birthday board and wrapped his presents ready for tomorrow, so I won't have to be up until midnight doing it. P is cooking a roast and it smells immense :ready:
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Hello Lora :love: Thank you, I've missed you all too. I will try harder to be around.

It's lovely that you've managed to get everything ready for J. It all takes a long time to prepare! I am jealous of your roast.