Mail order disappointments

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Mail order disappointments

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

But whatever you do, don’t work somewhere that does drug tests, because poppy seed consumption to excess can make it look like you’re an opium addict.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 pm But whatever you do, don’t work somewhere that does drug tests, because poppy seed consumption to excess can make it look like you’re an opium addict.
That's what I was getting at!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Poppy seeds big enough to have a handle :lol:
viggy

Post by viggy »

Pulled pork :lol: :lol:

Roughly once a year I accidentally order root ginger the size of my fucking arm :lg:

BM and I excitedly ordered a Hello Kitty lava lamp for her best pal, and when it arrived it was about a third of the size we expected :lol:
Luna

Post by Luna »

I ordered a cat cave from a Facebook ad. I know, I know. It took weeks to arrive- from China obvs - and it was horrendous. Nothing like the pictures. It was absolute tat. Willow didn’t even look at it. It sat on the bedroom floor for a week and then I binned it. Luckily because I did pay after delivery from PayPal and raised a complaint, I didn’t get charged.
Starry

Post by Starry »

I’m not sure this counts as a disappointment as such but I ordered what I thought was a reasonable size tub of Biscoff spread, and when it arrived it was catering size and I can almost get my head into it.

Which is handy, because why wouldn’t you?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That is totally not a disappointment. :lol:
Lola

Post by Lola »

I think you need to start a ‘mail order wins’ thread for that :))
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Pulled pork! :lol:

Groupon should take care of that
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

We had a similar Nutella win, Starry. :))

My Christmas delivery a couple of years ago gave us a single-serve bag of brussel sprouts, there were probably 4 in there. I also have a catering-sized bag of gluten-free panko breadcrumbs that we've been working our way through all year. :lol:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I remember you getting the tiny bag of sprouts, Liv!
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I had that happen once too with sprouts. I love sprouts too so was very disappointed. On the flip side, I was did a huge catering order for the company I was working for through Brake Brothers I think it was and ended up with huge boxes of shortbread biscuits rather than the individual ones in small packets we put out for meetings and sacks of sugar instead of the individual packets. It was my first proper job and I was mortified.

I bought a label printer yesterday so that I can put for postage online and print the Royal Mail labels out and the labels are tiny, like Dymo size. I think I can get bigger sheets of labels but they’re about £20 and if they don’t work then I’ve wasted that. I should probably just send the thing back but this would have been such a good alternative to going to the Post Office and queuing up every time I need to post something.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Toast I have just printed on A4, cut the label and taped it on, when I have printed my own postage. It would be a pain if you use it a lot (but then you'd buy A4 sheets of labels I assume) but works fine to avoid queues.
Luce

Post by Luce »

The tiny portions of sprouts and potatoes is killing me, I don't know why. Because, I mean, you wouldn't chuck good food would you? So is that one of you got all the sprouts or potatoes or that you all got one each? This is making me a bit hysterical, actually :lol:
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I think I gave everyone an individual sprout. They were absolutely tiny I think too.

Thanks, Heebs but I don't have an actual printer which is why I thought this would be handy as all I ever need to print is labels.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Thank you, that was the answer I was hoping for :))
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Bumping the thread to show you the pot of sea salt crystals I inadvertently ordered, together with what I thought I’d ordered. Our salt needs are sorted for the foreseeable, at least. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I have that exact salt situation at the moment! I refill the smaller Cornish salt from the bucket of Maldon. Works perfectly!
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I’ve just finished one of those massive Maldon tubs too! It didn’t take that long which is possibly a bit worrying but I guess it’s used mostly for salting pasta and potato water.