What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Post by baargain »

We have quarterly afternoons for wellbeing activities, but you can do whatever you like with that time (sit alone and stare at the wall, walk alpacas etc).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My employer rolled out an app aimed at improving resilience, but it asks me too many questions and has loads of pointless tasks, so I deleted it. That helps my mental health. :lol:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Thanks all, I've just been on the phone to my Manager and made my feelings crystal clear (we've known each other for 11 years, I don't feel the need to hold back :)) ). I shall use those links for additional ammunition if I need to!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

wendy james wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:51 am My employer rolled out an app aimed at improving resilience, but it asks me too many questions and has loads of pointless tasks, so I deleted it. That helps my mental health. :lol:
We've been sent a "wellness" App to download. :woteva: Alongside all the other shitty single-use work apps I have, why the fuck would I want to be patronised by this?
Elya

Post by Elya »

How about just making everyone’s jobs less fucking awful and stressful and demoralising. Honestly, it just feels like a token gesture to avoid having to address actual issues.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

That’s exact what I think, Elya. Oh you’re stressed and overworked and our sick pay is shit and you haven’t had a pay rise in a few years but when we recruit externally we bring 12 year old idiots in at £10k more than you’re on? Let me show you the app again!

It’s so self congratulatory and box ticky.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

“Ace” is not swearing Adidas! I was ordering new football boots for A and wanted to put his initials on them rather than his name to match his training kit. ACE was blocked by the profanity filter. Imagine if it was filtered in all sport contexts “a fantastic @%*& for Serena Williams!”

I have said this to their customer support team who were unable to override it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Is it anything to do with it being the abbreviation for asexual?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I don’t know, they didn’t know either.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:13 am Is it anything to do with it being the abbreviation for asexual?
I’ve done some quick testing and it would have let me add gay or bi but not trans. So maybe?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, interesting!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Unlikely though. Surely it’s more akin to gay/bi than trans? I think it’s more likely that some over zealous arse has decided it could be misread :))
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Beatrix wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:18 am How annoying.

It reminds me of a company I used to work for and its overzealous email filter rejecting emails relating to a project in Scunthorpe. It was eventually overridden once it was figured out.
I had similar with the MD not receiving messages about an event, because they were going to be served chardonnay :mog:

I am also reminded of the time I got a stern email from a sportswear company, telling me my online review had been rejected because I said the cycling shorts gave a camel toe effect. I didn't realise that was profanity but it really made me laugh when I got the message.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

This is entirely normal for new software. It's not ServiceNow, is it?
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

God, I loath ServiceNow, I hope not, Beatrix.

I once dealt with a. Bank who had to redefine its entire firewall filters for its trading desks as all their many, many orders to to by and sell shares (referred to in the industry as “cum dividend” or “ex dividend” depending on whether you were buying the right to any dividend or not) were being blocked. It caused absolute chaos until they figured out what the problem was :lol:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

IWLTS: Take your fucking ridiculous project and stuff it down your throat.

Can't decide if I'm experiencing abnormal menopausal rage or if I'm just surrounded by idiotic entitled men.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I love ServiceNow :lol:
Skips

Post by Skips »

I used to use Service Now in my last place and I hated it. I suspect it was the way it had been set up but knowing which section to log a ticket under and the various departments etc was definitely not intuitive, to the point that called up our IT department with an issue once and they couldn't tell me either.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Is ServiceNow a tool like JIRA? We use JIRA. I'm not hugely a fan but it seems to be vaguely OK.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My previous employer used both - SNOW for first line support/knowledge base and JIRA for software and infrastructure management, so mainly customer facing and internal IT respectively. I’m no expert in either though.