What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Tabitha

Re: What I'm not saying out loud in 2021 (IWLTS)

Post by Tabitha »

Margo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 pm Just as a bit of a poll: if you’d moved into a new build house and found all of your vinyl flooring was defective, including in the kitchen, would you accept having to move all your white food (washing machine & fridge freezer) yourself so it can be replaced?
No! If they are at fault they need to put it right and that includes the hefting. It's only a two person job, not much for them to arrange but unreasonable for you to have to.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, poor boy. I hope he makes a swift recovery. And I hope your SIL thinks on.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Any news on your nephew, Beatrix?

IWantedTS: Your figure is amazing but did you mean to dress as a Star Trek character to take your toddler to the wildlife place?
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

It was Mum in the skin tight catsuit. I mean, she looked amazing, but just a bit out of place in Bear Wood :)

Good neph news. Fingers crossed he’s released soon.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hope he can come home today.

Iwlts maybe your toddler isn't low sleep needs, but taking her out with you when you have meals out until one or two am isn't the best way to encourage her to sleep?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That sort of thing used to make me laugh, Ken. We had some acquaintances who were openly envious of Ws sleep, but instilled absolutely no routine at all. You've got to at least nudge it in the right direction! Lay the ground work...
Skips

Post by Skips »

IWLTS: Thanks for insulting us and our house. Glad to know we live in a shithole.

According to my mum the carpets fitters would have taken one look at the house and decided that they wouldn't get a big tip so that's why they acted the way the did. She went on to tell me a story about how it happened to her. I'm also affronted on carpet fitters behalf (not our ones, obviously).
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Good grief! I thought my mum was tactless, but that takes the biscuit.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Why would carpet fitters get a tip, of any sort? I've never tipped them.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

Me neither. They didn't get tipped as recently as last Wednesday!
Skips

Post by Skips »

Well, I wasn't going to tip them from my slum anyway. :lol:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

No tipping carpet fitters here either. This isn’t the US!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

What the hell?
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

That's a horrible thing to say, Skips. I'm sorry.
Skips

Post by Skips »

She's never really liked where we live (it's considered the shit part of the forest) but she's never been that blatant about it. I'm meant to be going over for dinner on Friday as they are moving soon - I'm hoping her insensitivity was due to the stress of that.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That’s horrible, I’m sorry skips.

IWLTS: for fucks sake stop twisting things and trying to entangle me in your drama. I have attempted to be clear, assertive and put boundaries in place without getting involved. So now fuck off please :teacher:.

Background: I posted a while ago on the gossip thread about a friend who found out that someone we know had been fraudulently using the friend’s credit card. This has (understandably) blown up into an absolutely massive row between them conducted over messaging, and IMO has got completely out of hand.

Last night the one who used the credit card (she claims it was in error) sent me an unsolicited barrage of copied and pasted messages because she wants me to “hear her side of the story”. I relied saying simply that I hope she will respect my decision not to get involved, and that I’m deleting all the messages without reading them. She replied to that twisting what I’d said and finishing it with a passive aggressive “I understand”. I just replied “thanks” deliberately not rising to the passive aggressive dig :poke:.

I am so cross with her though! I woke up this morning feeling very unsettled by it. She is completely fucking unhinged and I do not need that in my life. So I’m ranting to you lot rather than getting sucked in.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Oh god, Squirrel, definitely avoid the drama!

I am also staying out of a netball-based drama. One of my team members got the hump after she didn’t get to play in last week’s game (we had 11 players present for the game, which we were leading and wanted to win, and so not everyone got to play) and sent a barrage of passive aggressive messages and facebook updates, and has now tearfully announced she’s going to have to give up playing netball. FFS, we are all adults and it’s a game we supposedly play for fun.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

IWLTS to every single website I visit, ever: no I do not want to sign up for your newsletter or receive alerts. Between that and the stupid cookies pop up, it's impossible to view any new page without having to click at leaste 2 pop ups away. It drives me crazy.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It is REALLY annoying Heebs. Whatever they brought in the clicky click doo dah message for, I wish they'd sod off with it.

Squizz, god! (did you read the messages though? :look: :lol: )
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Good grief, Liv!

No Smal, i couldn’t bring myself to read any of it, I desperately don’t want any part in it!

It’s got even worse though, the mad one has messaged all the mutual friends that they share. Fuuuuuuuck.
ETA: my friend isn’t helping herself by not shutting the stupid woman down! She keeps responding :ruby:.